Friday, 07 October 2011 16:13
The Phoenix Petroleum Philippines Inc. has adopted Talisayan Elementary School as part of their corporate social responsibility last month.
Phoenix Petroleum Philippine Inc. Corporate Affairs Manager Beethoven Sur said, “one of our advocacies is to support the education program. So we have programs directed to education and one of which is to donate books to schools.”
The books will be placed in the Phoenix Library inside the premises of the Talisayan Elementary School.
According to Sur, the company gave P10,000 worth of books for pre-school and elementary last September 8. Aside from this, the company also agreed to pay the honoraria of the pre-school teacher in the said school.
According to Sur, Talisayan Elementary School was chosen because of its proximity to the Phoenix Depot, “charity always begins at home.” He said.
There are some 38 pre-school children enrolled in the mentioned school and the school has a total population of almost 100 pupils.
Phoenix at present has two gasoline stations based in this city located at Suterville and Barangay Labuan.
By R.G. A A. Go
- 07/10/2011 16:17 - Lobregat offers P5 to councilors opposing CR fee
- 07/10/2011 16:17 - Malaysian deportees arrive in city
- 07/10/2011 16:16 - Kidnapped midwife rescued in Sulu
- 07/10/2011 16:16 - MILF proposal seeks to break snag in peace process
- 07/10/2011 16:15 - Pagadian OFWs win MOFYA 2011
- 06/10/2011 15:20 - Suitable or not, City will push through with sanitary landfill in Salaan - OCENR
- 06/10/2011 15:19 - AFP's CRG holds 3-day Photo Exhibit at Paseo del Mar
- 06/10/2011 15:19 - Organizers meet for city’s hosting Batang Pinoy 2011
- 06/10/2011 15:18 - Beng lauds public interest on K+12 consultation
- 06/10/2011 15:14 - DILG, PNP, ARMM prov'l execs open police sub-regional office in Sulu