Thursday, 06 October 2011 15:18
House Deputy Speaker for Mindanao Beng Climaco has lauded efforts of all stakeholders who made sure they represented their sectors and have their sentiments concerning the Department of Education’s K+12 program.
Cong. Climaco said this following the well-attended and successful consultation on the program by the House Committee on Basic Education and Culture chaired by Rep. Sonny Escudero in Zamboanga City recently.
She stressed that the consultation has allowed the different sectors to ventilate their views and comments concerning the program which has elicited varied reactions nationwide.
The consultation, held at the Ateneo de Zamboanga University (ADZU) was done to aid the committee in legislating measures and likewise present to them details of the k+12 program of the DepEd.
DepEd officials in the Zamboanga Peninsula and even those from Basilan likewise came to listen to the points presented concerning the program. Specifically, present were officers of the different PTAs in our public and private elementary and secondary schools, school officials and even students who were give the opportunity to ask questions from our guests.
Committee members present were Congresspersons Thelma Almario, Pryde Teves and Nonong Piamonte and consultant Dr. Paraluman Giron.
Concerns of the increased number of years in school and added expenditures were among the issues discussed.
The K+12 program hopes to encourage as well young people to be able to develop skills that will make them land a job right away.
By Marvin Segura
- 07/10/2011 16:15 - Pagadian OFWs win MOFYA 2011
- 07/10/2011 16:13 - Phoenix adopts Talisayan elementary school
- 06/10/2011 15:20 - Suitable or not, City will push through with sanitary landfill in Salaan - OCENR
- 06/10/2011 15:19 - AFP's CRG holds 3-day Photo Exhibit at Paseo del Mar
- 06/10/2011 15:19 - Organizers meet for city’s hosting Batang Pinoy 2011
- 06/10/2011 15:14 - DILG, PNP, ARMM prov'l execs open police sub-regional office in Sulu
- 06/10/2011 14:19 - Wage board conducts hearing on proposed wage increase
- 06/10/2011 14:19 - Robredo to Mayors: Review all ordinances imposing fees and charges
- 06/10/2011 14:18 - Policeman’s brother shot dead
- 06/10/2011 14:18 - Man stabbed by drinking pal