Tuesday, 13 September 2011 12:14
The Regional Director of the Department of Tourism IX (DOT) has urged the public to help prepare the city for the upcoming Zamboanga Hermosa Festival 2011.
DOT IX Regional Director Mary June Bugante said, “I appeal to the people to help prepare our city by keeping our place clean and green.”
According to Bugante, the office is expecting a lot of visitors including balikbayans for the fiesta.
The Regional Tourism Officer added, “we want them to enjoy the beauty of Zamboanga and experience the fun and festivity of the Hermosa Festival."
In preparation for the fiesta, the office is also set to train the City’s Tourist Police and also conduct a tour guiding seminar this month.
Meanwhile, the City Government of Zamboanga together is now preparing the activities for the fiesta on October 12 which has a budget of P2 Millon.
The theme for this year’s celebration is “Fiesta Hermosa Vamos a Zamboanga.”
The Zamboanga Hermosa Festival is being held yearly in honor of Nuestra Señora La Virgen del Pilar who is said to be the City’s mother protector.
Some of the activities during the fiesta will include Cosechas, Mascota, Chavacano Song Festival, Regata de Zamboanga, Job Fair, Medical Mission, Miss Zamboanga, and many others.
By R.G. A A. Go
- 14/09/2011 13:26 - Abu Sayyaf hardcore member falls in Basilan
- 14/09/2011 13:26 - 13 more persons rescued from human trafficking
- 13/09/2011 12:18 - ARMM holds 1st Seaweed Congress
- 13/09/2011 12:17 - Shoppers' employees join City Hall flag ceremony
- 13/09/2011 12:15 - DOLE-9 to intensify drive against child labor
- 13/09/2011 12:13 - Dynamite explodes in fisherman’s hand
- 13/09/2011 12:12 - Pareja ready to say 'No' to Lobregat on coal-plant issue
- 13/09/2011 12:11 - Sadain to ask for recall of 'No objection' resolution given to coal power plant
- 13/09/2011 12:09 - Motorist shot along MCLL highway
- 12/09/2011 12:42 - Mom, son run over by bus, dead