Tuesday, 13 September 2011 12:09
A young motorist was shot and wounded along MCLL Highway, Boalan, this city, Sunday dawn.
Police report identified the victim as Jaafar Yaypee Jainuddin y Aklul, 19, single, a native of Rizal Avenue, Isabela City, Basilan Province and presently residing at Philram Drive, Barangay Putik, this city.
Reports added that the victim suffered a lone gunshot wound on his ankle and was brought to Ciudad Medical Zamboanga hospital for treatment.
Initial investigation conducted by Divisoria Police Station disclosed that the victim was driving his Suzuki Raider motorcycle with plate number 4547-JL along with other motorcycle riders heading towards Barangay Putik, this city.
While passing along the crime scene, an unidentified suspect, armed with a Boga (a plastic PVC pipe using marble as bullet and alcohol or thinner to trigger the weapon), shot the victim and fled towards unknown direction after the incident.
Accordingly, the victim’s group chased the suspect but they were hurled with stones by unidentified persons prompting them to withdraw from the area.
A follow-up investigation is being conducted by the police to identify the suspect and his companions.
Motive of the incident is yet to be determined by the police investigators.
By Eugene A. Lasprilla
- 13/09/2011 12:15 - DOLE-9 to intensify drive against child labor
- 13/09/2011 12:14 - DOT IX seeks public support for Fiesta preparation
- 13/09/2011 12:13 - Dynamite explodes in fisherman’s hand
- 13/09/2011 12:12 - Pareja ready to say 'No' to Lobregat on coal-plant issue
- 13/09/2011 12:11 - Sadain to ask for recall of 'No objection' resolution given to coal power plant
- 12/09/2011 12:42 - Mom, son run over by bus, dead
- 12/09/2011 12:42 - Three Abu Sayyaf supporters killed in Basilan encounter
- 12/09/2011 12:41 - ARMM OIC aspirants to present agenda
- 12/09/2011 12:41 - Hordes of people benefit from Taiwan medical mission
- 12/09/2011 12:40 - Decomposing corpse found floating in Bolong