Monday, 15 August 2011 16:43
Councilor Mel Sadain the other day expressed surprise why Mayor Celso Lobregat has ordered the contractors to renovate the school buildings which were found to be defective but has not ordered the contractor of the defective Sangguniang Panlungsod (SP) building to do the same.
In last week’s regular session, Sadain said Lobregat’s action to investigate and sanction the contractors who implemented the structurally defective school buildings is commendable. “But I cannot see better reason why the chief executive is not lifting a finger and doing nothing to sanction the contractor who implemented the defective City Council edifice.”
The councilor also asked why it is taking so long for this administration to undertake the repair of the SP building when additional funds for the repair have already been appropriated.
He said from P9 million, the additional funds for the renovation of the City Council building has grown to a whooping P22 million. But the much needed repair is not taking off.
The alderman from Sta. Maria said if the delay continues to drag, then prices of materials and labor will continue to increase, “I am sure they will again add more funds to the already blotted budget at the expense of taxpayer’s money.
Sadain also expressed concern why many projects of the city government like school buildings, rip-rapping, farm to market roads are turning out to be defective.
He called on the City Engineer Office to strictly monitor all government projects to avoid more defective projects that will entail to more additional funds going down the drain.
By Nonong Santiago
- 15/08/2011 16:46 - Vice Mayor Cesar Iturralde asks Councilor Agan to commit suicide
- 15/08/2011 16:46 - Aquino renews vow to attain peace, ensure nat'l sovereignty
- 15/08/2011 16:45 - Elago's call to limit use of karaoke units late night trashed by majority councilors
- 15/08/2011 16:45 - NEDA: Zamboanga City will grow sans Regional Center
- 15/08/2011 16:44 - Pawnshop robbed by own employee
- 13/08/2011 11:35 - Senators Honasan, Sotto visit Zamboanga
- 13/08/2011 11:35 - BFAR gears up for first ARMM seaweeds congress
- 13/08/2011 11:34 - DOLE-9 launches job coaching center to assist job jobseekers
- 13/08/2011 11:33 - Police arrest two drug pushers
- 13/08/2011 11:33 - Gov't to conduct consultation before talks with MILF