Wednesday, 23 March 2011 16:05
A Barangay kagawad was shot and seriously wounded by an unidentified assailant at Mabuhay Drive, Barangay Baluno, this city, Monday night.
Local police official said the victim, identified as Jose Rizaldy Fernandez, suffered multiple gunshot wounds on the different parts of his body.
Police disclosed that the victim was brought to Zamboanga Doctor’s Hospital by his relatives for medical attention.
Investigation conducted by the police investigators of Police Station 9 (Ayala) revealed that the victim was walking towards the house of his sister when the suspect shot him.
Police sources said that the suspect was armed with a shotgun.
Acting city police director Sr. Supt. Edwin De Ocampo said the victim is now recuperating at a local hospital.
De Ocampo told Zamboanga Today that personal grudge is now being eyed as the motive of the incident.
By Eugene A. Lasprilla
- 23/03/2011 16:10 - Kidnap victim in Lamitan freed after hours in captivity
- 23/03/2011 16:10 - Policemen to train mediamen on crime scene preservation
- 23/03/2011 16:08 - PBSP turns-over classrooms, educational equipments
- 23/03/2011 16:08 - Female elementary pupil cries rape
- 23/03/2011 16:06 - Female elementary pupil cries rape
- 23/03/2011 16:04 - US, MKFI sign $1.3M grant for literacy project in ARMM
- 23/03/2011 16:04 - Chong Hua student 2nd place in 'Pasiklaban' finals
- 22/03/2011 13:05 - US forces will stay in Mindanao - Thomas
- 22/03/2011 13:04 - Climaco urges embassy to intensify aid to OFWs in Japan
- 22/03/2011 13:03 - Dapitan City gets more support to host Palarong Pambansa