Tuesday, 01 March 2011 20:19
The Provincial Government of Basilan is celebrating its 37th Founding Anniversary with a series of activities dubbed as “Pakaradjaan Basilan 2011,” at the Provincial Capitol Compound from March 1 to 7, 2010.
The activities on March 1 will include the opening program where Isabela City Mayor Cherrylyn Akbar will deliver her message. This will be followed by the ethnic wedding rituals and ethnic and musical competitions.
On March 2, there will be an Inter-agency sports fest which include bowling tournament, shooting competition and lawn tennis game. From March 4 to 7, there will be an Agro Industrial Trade Fair at Plaza Rizal and a photo contest exhibit for public viewing at the Conference Room of the Provincial capitol.
A medical/dental outreach will be held from March 5 to 6 at the Isabela City Auditorium and a tree-planting activity will be held along Isabela-Lamitan and Isabela-Maluso Circumferential Road.
The culmination program will be held on March 7, with a parade and float competition followed by the program proper at the Capitol Ground where Governor Jum Akbar will deliver her message. Acting Regional Governor Ansaruddin Alonto Adiong of the Autonomous Region for Muslim Mindanao (ARMM) will be the guest speaker.
By Monch L. Follosco
- 02/03/2011 13:45 - Sec. Robredo: Better use money for projects than deposit it in the bank
- 02/03/2011 13:44 - Young man commits suicide
- 02/03/2011 13:43 - Gas owner denies she owns truck involved in accident
- 02/03/2011 13:39 - Valesco guests in District-wide Arts Fair 2011
- 01/03/2011 20:19 - Zamcelco officials face first criminal case
- 01/03/2011 20:18 - Beng cites role of youth in identifying climate change solutions
- 01/03/2011 20:17 - 4th year high school student drowns
- 01/03/2011 20:16 - OFWs in middle east are fine – OWWA IX
- 01/03/2011 20:16 - Sadain laments minority's travel woes
- 01/03/2011 20:15 - Man shot dead by neighbor