Wednesday, 02 February 2011 12:16
Mayor Celso Lobregat approved the hosting of “PRISAA National Collegiate Games 2011” which will be held at the Joaquin F. Enriquez Memorial Sports Complex (JFEMSC) from April 10 to 16, 2011.
In a communication with PRISAA National Chairman Dr. Emmanuel Angeles yesterday, Lobregat gave a ‘go signal’ for Zamboanga City to host the national games.
The PRISAA will be participated in by more than 400 member colleges and universities from the country’s 17 regions, according to the organizers.
Lobregat expressed elation and thanked the PRISAA National Board of Trustee, saying that he is willing to assist in hosting the games together with the Department of Education (DepEd) and private schools and line-agencies.
Prior to the approval, National PRISAA Board of Trustees unanimously approved to a 17-0 votes for the holding of the National Games in the City during a Board Meeting held last January 21, 2011, at United Architect of the Philippines (UAP) Building in Quezon City.
PRISAA Regional Executive Director Elbert “Bong” Atilano said the hosting of the National Games for this year will be much bigger than the city’s hosting in 2008.
An estimated of more than 5,000 participants, including athletes and officials coming from the different regions, will see actions in the playing field compared to over 3,000 participants in 2008.
Dr. Emmanuel said PRISAA has successfully been staging city, provincial regional and national competitions for the past 20 years since its revival in 1990.
"This is geared towards countryside youth development through sports and boasts of having trained and developed sprinters Lydia De Vega and Elma Muros, famous cagers Jerry Codinera, Marlou Aquino, Joseph Feihl and Zamboaguena Olympian Lifter Hidilyn Diaz, among many others."
The participation in the National Games is compose of all the champion Teams and Individual winners in the Regional Collegiate Games, where the strong contingent of Zamboanga delegation defended its championship crown in the regional level, which will represent Region IX in the national competitions.
By Monch L. Follosco
- 02/02/2011 12:30 - PHL judiciary will take over 40 years to resolve Maguindanao massacre case
- 02/02/2011 12:29 - De Ocampo orders Sta. Maria Station chief to intensify patrol
- 02/02/2011 12:28 - Edding requests Pagotaisidro to identify settlers at Azcuna lot in Mercedes
- 02/02/2011 12:26 - Get more fortune this Chinese New Year with Sun P49 call and text international SIM
- 02/02/2011 12:17 - Police probe case of summary killing
- 02/02/2011 12:15 - Abducted, raped 14-year- old girl rescued in hotel
- 02/02/2011 12:15 - Sadain asks GSO to replace busted street, traffic light bulbs
- 02/02/2011 12:14 - Send all your Chinese New Year Greetings out with Sun P25 Call & Text Unlimited Superload
- 02/02/2011 12:13 - Wanted man in Negros Occ. arrested in Zambo
- 02/02/2011 12:12 - Zamcelco conducts more massive ‘zoning operation’