Thursday, 20 January 2011 14:31
The Department of Energy (DOE) has lauded the Zamboanga City Electric Cooperative (ZAMCELCO) for being the only electric cooperative in Mindanao and ARMM region to fully comply with the department’s policies and programs.
DOE’s Consumers’ Welfare Program Officer (CWPO) and Science Research Specialist Michelle Angela Vita congratulated ZAMCELCO for religiously complying with the essential requirements for the implementation of DOE’s programs.
The Department of Energy (DOE) through its Energy Conservation Program, distributed 2-million pieces of Compact Fluorescent Lamp (CFL) to all the cooperatives in Mindanao and the Autonomous Region for Muslim Mindanao (ARMM).
“ZAMCELCO is the only cooperative who distributed the department’s allocation of more than 100,000 CFLs to member-consumers and public schools in the city,” Vita said as she campaigned for the use of CFL.
“It (CFL) consumes lesser electricity and can save big amount in the payment of the bill,” Vita ended.
By Monch L. Follosco
- 20/01/2011 14:37 - Man shot in house near EAAB entrance
- 20/01/2011 14:34 - Soldiers clash with Basilan Abu Sayyaf, 1 wounded
- 20/01/2011 14:33 - NEA conducts first prelim hearing on Zamcelco anomalies
- 20/01/2011 14:32 - Fabian sponsors Cabaluay fonda
- 20/01/2011 14:32 - Beng hopes for objective study
- 20/01/2011 14:30 - Unusual rain in city due to La Nina – PAGASA
- 20/01/2011 14:29 - P-Noy names Ardo as new ceasefire committee chairman
- 20/01/2011 14:28 - Zambo police chief favors random drug testing for cops
- 20/01/2011 14:26 - ARMM higher education institutions meet to push for peace agenda
- 19/01/2011 14:28 - Lobregat to Western Peninsula: What are the conditions to join group?