Wednesday, 19 January 2011 14:20
A farmer allegedly accidentally stabbed himself dead at Upper Cabatangan last Sunday afternoon.
Sta. Maria Police station commander, P/Chief Insp. Felix Martinez Jr. identified the victim as Junicar Delos Santos, 22 years old, married, and a resident of Upper Cabatangan.
Initial investigation disclosed that the victim arrived home allegedly drunk, got his 24 inches long bolo and started to cut down banana trees in the area. The family left the victim alone for fear of their lives since the victim was drunk.
While cutting the trees, the victim allegedly slipped accidentally stabbing himself in the chest.
The brother of the victim, Jovic, immediately reported the incident to Cabatangan Barangay Captain Ramon Dagun and rushed the victim to Western Mindanao Medical Center where he was declared Dead on Arrival.
Jovic said he saw the incident and the victim even managed to ask for help from him and their father, Cesario Delos Santos when he was already wounded.
The father only reported the incident the following day, Monday.
Martinez reminded the public to report incidents on time so the police can properly investigate the case.
He is also recommending for an autopsy on the victim’s body to know the exact cause of death.
According to reports, it was barangay chairman Dagun who urged the relatives to report the matter to the police.
The bolo was recovered by barangay tanod Joel Carpio last Monday and turned it over to the Sta. Maria Police.
Dagun said the bolo was recovered 8 feet away from the victim and reports reaching his office revealed that the victim and his father-in-law had an argument before the incident.
The police are still conducting further investigation on the case.
By R.G. Go
- 19/01/2011 14:26 - Sadain says meeting with Jalosjos only to confirm formation of Western Peninsula
- 19/01/2011 14:25 - Man stabbed by 'ukay-ukay' vendor
- 19/01/2011 14:24 - Man snatches cellphone from high school student
- 19/01/2011 14:22 - Cebu Pacific to hire more flight attendants
- 19/01/2011 14:21 - Zamcelco clarifies raffle issue
- 19/01/2011 14:18 - Woman dies after jumping from ship
- 19/01/2011 14:17 - Basilan Bishop laments lawlessness
- 19/01/2011 14:16 - PCID welcomes developments in Mindanao peace processes
- 18/01/2011 11:46 - Zambo City should say if it wants to join Western Peninsula - Jalosjos
- 18/01/2011 11:44 - Lobregat urges RDs to tell truth on Regional transfer issue