Tuesday, 18 January 2011 11:34
The Station Commander of the Sta. Maria Police clarified that what happened last Friday afternoon in barangay San Roque was a plain case of theft wherein a Barangay Kagawad of San Roque, Randy Bancairin reported to the police that four pupils of San Roque Elementary School went missing and were later found at Mindpro City Mall.
Sta. Maria Police Station Commander, P/Chief Insp. Felix Martinez said “it was plain theft, there is no abduction committed.”
He made this clarification after several reports came out that the incident that happened inside the school premises of San Roque Elementary School was an abduction.
The Station Commander added, this is a modus operandi wherein a suspect will first befriend the children to get their trust and later take their belongings.
The victims Ella, 9 years old, Cherry, 8 years old, and Mega, 8 years old, grade two pupils, and Jane, 9 years old, a grade four pupil are all studying at the mentioned school.
According to reports, while the students were at the main gate of their school at around 12 noon, an unidentified female befriended them and asked the minors to get the shoulder bag of their class adviser containing wallet, cellphone and other personal belongings. The students followed the instruction and after bringing the bag to the suspect, they were invited to go to a fast food restaurant at the said mall.
Upon arrival at the restaurant, the suspect took the children’s earrings, rings and the bag of the teacher and left them alone at the mall.
The guards of the mall reported to the police that four children were found roaming around. Upon hearing the report, the barangay officials of San Roque went to the mall and recovered the children and brought them to Sta. Maria Police for investigation.
The age of the suspect is around 16 to 17 years old and according to Martinez, she is operating alone. Similar incident also happened in Talon Talon Elementary School and Guiwan Elementary School.
By R.G. Go
- 18/01/2011 11:46 - Zambo City should say if it wants to join Western Peninsula - Jalosjos
- 18/01/2011 11:44 - Lobregat urges RDs to tell truth on Regional transfer issue
- 18/01/2011 11:40 - Lobregat inaugurates projects in Mariki
- 18/01/2011 11:38 - Perez says NEA hearing will not hamper Zamcelco operation
- 18/01/2011 11:36 - 19 Zambo cops charged in 2010
- 18/01/2011 11:33 - PRO9 starts series of trainings for policemen
- 18/01/2011 11:31 - Sec. Deles glad over MNLF-GRP Legal Panels' peace efforts
- 18/01/2011 11:27 - Asia Foundation gives 5,000 new books to 85 Zambo public schools
- 17/01/2011 14:59 - Zamboanga peninsula leaders unite to form Western Peninsula group
- 17/01/2011 14:58 - Police car slams barrier in Sangali