Wednesday, 24 November 2010 16:40
The Bureau of Fire Protection (BFP) Zamboanga City Fire District has reiterated its warning to the public on the use of low quality electrical Christmas decorations to avoid fire incidents during the Holiday Season.
Zamboanga City District Fire Marshall Fire Superintendent Jaime Ramirez said that buying electrical Christmas decorations to decorate their homes, the public must check on markings like Product Standard (PS) for local products and Import Commodity Clearance (ICC) for imported products.
Ramirez explains that Sub-Standard electrical Christmas decorations may heat up and start a fire.
“Umiwas tayo sa mga substandard na electrical christmas decorations para sa safety ng mga bahay natin.” Ramirez said.
Aside from the electric Christmas decorations, Ramirez also urged the public to check their extension wires and "octopus" connections where so many electrical appliances are plugged into one outlet.
He said defective extension wires and octopus connections are also very dangerous and can easily catch fire.
Ramirez also urge the public to turn off all electrical Christmas decors and other appliances before they sleep.
He advise house owners to have a licensed electrician check their electrical wirings regularly to avoid fire incidents.
- 25/11/2010 09:19 - WMSU judo team to represent RP in Hong Kong tourney
- 24/11/2010 16:43 - Police chief warns public against thieves, snatchers
- 24/11/2010 16:43 - Week of Peace to lure thousands of participants
- 24/11/2010 16:42 - Mindanao local leaders upbeat on pushing for key programs, projects
- 24/11/2010 16:41 - Police to strictly implement ban on sale of pellet guns
- 24/11/2010 16:39 - Aquino inducts GRP peace panel members
- 24/11/2010 16:38 - Filipino bishops ‘more popish than Pope,’ says RH bill advocate
- 24/11/2010 16:38 - Islam NGO urges dismantling of private armies
- 23/11/2010 12:05 - Zamboanga press marks Maguindanao massacre anniversary
- 23/11/2010 12:04 - Motorcycle bomb explodes in Maguindanao