Wednesday, 17 November 2010 08:11
The Zamboanga City Electric Cooperative, Incorporated (ZAMCELCO) said that the election for the position for Board Members in districts I, IV and IX will be held as scheduled this Sunday, November 21, 2010.
ZAMCELCO also officially released the names of the qualified candidates running for the position of members of the Board of Directors representing districts I, IV and IX. Per official record revealed by ZAMCELCO'S Institutional Services Department (ISD) three (3) candidates are vying for the post of district representative for district I and these are: Incumbent Leandro DC Macatangay, of Sto. Nino, Quirico O. Duterte, Jr. of Don Basilio Navarro St., San Jose and Arturo A. Cabidog, Jr. of Sto. Nino.
District IV only has two official candidates gunning for board member: Rogelio A. San Juan, of Toribio Drive, Pasonanca and Efren T. Perez of Lunzuran.
District IX also has two candidates: Incumbent Ronald O. Maravilla of Purok 5, Labuan and Oscar R. Tiu also of Purok V, Labuan.
The list of these qualified and official candidates was released by the ZAMCELCO Screening Committee after the cut-off date elapsed last November 11, the deadline set for the submission of official candidacy to the Coop's board member poll set for November 21, Sunday, this year.
Sunday's Coop Board Member election for the districts mentioned was supposed to be held last May 16, also a Sunday, this year but was deferred to give way to the synchronized national and local elections.
All electric cooperatives in the country have been informed to implement Additional Qualification Requirements for candidates to Electric Cooperative Board of Directors (BODs) and officer or officers of the Board which requires " Attendance to at least two (2) Annual general Membership Assemblies (AGMAs) within five (5) years prior to the filing of one's Certificate of Candidacy for Candidates to the Board which will take effect on January 1, 2012. (Zamcelco PR)
- 18/11/2010 11:03 - RMN continues to dominate airlanes in Zamboanga
- 18/11/2010 11:02 - Police bust illegal recruitment activity
- 17/11/2010 08:15 - Another man shot dead in Talon-Talon
- 17/11/2010 08:15 - Solis calls on Lobregat: Listen to the will of the people
- 17/11/2010 08:12 - Gov't employee stabbed in old public market
- 17/11/2010 08:09 - November is national book month
- 17/11/2010 08:08 - Gov’t respects MILF position on retention of current facilitator
- 17/11/2010 08:07 - Troops search for kidnapped trader
- 17/11/2010 08:06 - Lifestyle diseases on the rise among Filipinos
- 17/11/2010 08:06 - ARMM Gov calls for moral governance in the region