Saturday, 22 September 2012 14:15
The Philippine Flag Carrier plans to cease its operation in this city, according to Councilor Noning Biel of District I.
Because of this, Biel said the members of the City Council are urging the Philippine Air Lines (PAL) to continue their operation in the city of Zamboanga.
Biel confirmed that PAL will already stop its operation by October. “El PAL man shutdown sila operation na Zamboanga effective October 28 (The PAL will shutdown its operation in Zamboanga effective October 28).”
In a resolution No. 839 passed last September 19 by the City Council, the alderman who authored the motion requested PAL President Mr. Roman Ang to consider their position and to continue operation of PAL in this city.
According to Biel, he already has the plan to talk and send a formal letter to include the resolution to PAL officials.
Zamboanga Today tried to get the side of PAL management in this city to confirm and was told it is still waiting for further instruction from PAL Manila and the reason for the stoppage of flights in this city is still unknown.
Meanwhile, Councilor Biel stressed that “sabe man tu el quality of service el comfort ta dale el PAL. Tan appeal kame todo kame na council para man reconsider no mas kita (you know the qualaity of service the PAL is providing. We are all appealing here in the council to reconsider do not remove).”
Biel before becoming City Counclior in the city had worked for PAL as a branch manager.
Aside from PAL, Airphil Express and the Cebu Pacific are presently serving the city.
By: R.G. Antonet Go
- 24/09/2012 13:26 - Lobregat lauds teachers during ‘Teachers Summit’
- 24/09/2012 13:24 - Police hot on trail of Abu Sayyaf leader Mundos in Zambo City
- 24/09/2012 13:19 - Rep. Fabian gets PEEP underway in Zambo City
- 24/09/2012 13:16 - Typhoon Lawin enhances southwest monsoon causing heavy rains in Zambo
- 22/09/2012 14:20 - Gov't forces raid terror camp, kill 5 Abus, rescue Chinese kidnap victim, capture bombing suspect
- 22/09/2012 14:12 - Police arrest man for gun tooting in Brgy Vitali
- 22/09/2012 14:11 - Save mother earth, say no to plastic bags!
- 22/09/2012 14:08 - Sulu OIC Gov calls on SULECO to be a reliable partner in dev't
- 22/09/2012 14:07 - WMSU throws birthday bash to Prexy Ho
- 22/09/2012 14:04 - Zamboanga City’s YSP-PAZ receives ASEAN AWARD in Bangkok, Thailand