Saturday, 22 September 2012 14:04
Zamboanga City Pride, Youth Solidarity for Peace-Peace Advocataes Zamboanga, having represented the Republic of the Philippines had been recognized by the TEN ASEAN Countries here in Bangkok, Thailand with the International Ten Accomplished Youth Organizations (TAYO) ASEAN AWARD.
Together with other Awardees from Brunei, Cambodia, Singapore, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Thailand and Indonesia, Philippines had been recognized with the said Award and including Christian Joseph Bautista as the ASEAN Youth Awardee from the Philippines.
The Youth Solidarity for Peace, youth arm of PAZ and Interreligious Solidarity Movement for Peace (IRSMP) had been recognized by no less than President Benigno Aquino III, TAYO Foundation and the National Youth Commission as the TAYO AWARDEE for Year 9.
Receiving the Award from the organization from the Deputy Prime Minister of Thailand is Mr. Aldrin Bucoy-Abdurahim, Executive Coordinator. Together with him as part of the Philippine Delegation includes NYC Chairman Hon. Leon Flores III, NYC Commissioner George Nava, Mr. Carlo Orosca, Christian Bautista and NYC International Affairs Officer Ms. Mignonette Reposar.
The TAYO ASEAN AWARD is given to outstanding youth organizations from the ASEAN Countries who played significant contributions to the causes of peace, development and international understanding. The said award paid tribute to these organizations support to make the “Power of the Youth; Unity of ASEAN”.
The TAYO ASEAN AWARD coincided with the Annual Youth Day Meeting from September 17-21, 2012 at Bangkok, Thailand. The said meeting focused on sustaining the youth efforts through recognized youth ministries and commissions on agendas like reforms, statutes amendments and calling fro recommendations to better improve the alliance and be able to sustain the efforts.
The YSP-PAZ, now internationally recognized will heighten its involvement in building a greater peace constituency from among the youth who can invest much volunteerism to make the City more peaceful and progressive.
The organization hopes to achieve a vision of being the Center and model for peace education in Zamboanga City and all over the country. The power of one cannot be that great without the power of everyone.
The organization would like to express our deepest thanks to PAZ, IRSMP, ZABIDA, YSP networks, Schools Division of Zamboanga City-Department of Education, NYC, Mindanao Peace Weavers, all members and officer s of the Youth Solidarity for Peace.
By Aldrin Bucoy-Abdurahim
- 22/09/2012 14:15 - PAL plans to cease operation in Zambo City - Councilor Biel
- 22/09/2012 14:12 - Police arrest man for gun tooting in Brgy Vitali
- 22/09/2012 14:11 - Save mother earth, say no to plastic bags!
- 22/09/2012 14:08 - Sulu OIC Gov calls on SULECO to be a reliable partner in dev't
- 22/09/2012 14:07 - WMSU throws birthday bash to Prexy Ho
- 22/09/2012 13:55 - ZCCIFI calls Multi stakeholders' support for ICT Roadshow
- 21/09/2012 13:59 - COA finds City Health in Zambo City has weak internal control system
- 21/09/2012 13:58 - 7 died, 15 rescued in sea mishap off Tawi-Tawi
- 21/09/2012 13:57 - Agan lauds Fabian’s bill creating four RTC branches
- 21/09/2012 13:56 - Developing ICT in Zambo City through public- private partnership