Wednesday, 05 September 2012 13:52
The City Civil Registrars Office is awaiting for the Implementing Rules and Regulations (IRR) of the newly signed RA 10172 before the office could implement the new law.
“As long as chene ya quita el IRR pwede ya se quita implementa,” said Atty. Alexander Elias, the Department Head of the City Civil Registrars Office.
RA 10172 is an act further authorizing the city or municipal civil registrar or the consul general to correct clerical or typographical errors in the day and month in the date of birth or sex of a person appearing in the civil register without a need of a judicial order, amending for this purpose RA 9048.
The new RA 10172 was signed by President Benigno S. Aquino III last August 15, this year.
CRO awaits the IRR as this contains the complete data on how to implement the law to include the fees, the requirements needed by the individuals interested in doing corrections in their civil registry data, and others.
Earlier, the public have to pass court proceedings before they can change their sex and birth month and date.
The new law will help the public as those individuals with clerical and typographical errors in their sex, birth month and date will only have to pass by the civil registrar they will no longer need a lawyer and go to court. This will also declog the court of cases, according to Elias.
The individual will only have to bring proof depending on what type of data they are trying to correct. There will be corresponding fees for the correction of data in the civil registry which will be stated in the IRR which will come from the National Statistics Office (NSO).
Mr Elias, however, the office will be strict on these corrections being made by an individual and before granting the request of these individuals they will really check and do some verifications.
By: R.G. Antonet Go
- 06/09/2012 13:17 - ZCWD to put up more collection outlets
- 05/09/2012 14:01 - Jalosjos can file his CoC - Atty. Solis
- 05/09/2012 14:00 - A 32-yr-old laborer shot, hurt in Kasanyangan
- 05/09/2012 13:59 - Beng lauds ERB for upholding rule of law
- 05/09/2012 13:57 - Casiño calls on gov’t to deploy 4 power barges in Mindanao
- 05/09/2012 13:50 - City Jail inmates start making Christmas parol
- 05/09/2012 13:48 - Driver shot, wounded in Brgy. Sta. Catalina
- 05/09/2012 13:41 - Fire destroys 2 houses, store in Sta. Maria
- 04/09/2012 13:24 - Movement for sustainable good governance, CSOs endorse Gov. Tan for ARMM Reg’l gub
- 04/09/2012 13:21 - BFP warns public of selling fuel-stored in bottles