Tuesday, 04 September 2012 13:14
Police Regional Office 9 Commander Chief Supt. Napoleon R. Estilles expressed high confidence to the newly designated secretary of the Department of Interior and Local Government Manuel “Mar” Roxas can pursue the exemplary plans and program left by his predecessor, the late Secretary Jesse Robredo.
General Estilles said that the PNP leadership here welcomes with great enthusiasm the appointment by President Aquino of Secretary Mar Roxas who has a sterling track record in the government service, Secretary Roxas brings with him a wealth of executive experience and professional competence to administer and manage the operations of the bureaus and attached agencies under the DILG, including the PNP.
The top PNP commander here is confident that in the concurrent capacity as Chairman of the National Police Commission, Secretary Roxas is in the best position to continue the reforms initiated by the late Secretary Robredo to promote a new culture of good governance, transparency, public accountability and people empowerment in the Philippine National Police.
The commander said that knowing the good track record and sound fiscal management of Secretary Roxas in his previous managerial tasks in governance, he can be able to lead the PNP and the DILG in general to a better direction.
As erstwhile Secretary of DOTC, Sec. Roxas can very well translate into action terms the flagship programs and priority thrusts of the Aquino administration in the interior and local government sectors to establish effective government presence in the urban centers and the countryside, and bring the law enforcement and public safety strategy to higher levels of performance.
By Bhong Simbajon
- 04/09/2012 13:24 - Movement for sustainable good governance, CSOs endorse Gov. Tan for ARMM Reg’l gub
- 04/09/2012 13:21 - BFP warns public of selling fuel-stored in bottles
- 04/09/2012 13:20 - Palsy boy gets wheelchair from Fabian
- 04/09/2012 13:19 - Celso confident Jalosjos can not run as mayor
- 04/09/2012 13:16 - Comelec might accept Jalosjos’ COC
- 04/09/2012 13:14 - Man shot, hurt pa’s enemy over garbage in Sangali
- 04/09/2012 13:11 - Five projects worth P16M inaugurated in San Roque
- 04/09/2012 13:07 - Talisayan residents fear of harmful effects of coal fire power plant
- 04/09/2012 13:06 - WMSU CHE professor attends World Research
- 03/09/2012 13:19 - Mega World setting sight on Zambo City