Wednesday, 22 August 2012 14:02
A local Filipino-Chinese businessman died after his handgun accidentally went off while inside their house at Brillantes Compound, Governor Ramos Avenue, Barangay Sta. Maria, this city, last weekend.
Police identified the fatality as Arnaldo Ng y Woo, 56, married, and a resident of the said place.
Ng was declared dead on arrival by the attending physician at Western Mindanao Medical Center (WMMC) due to fatal gunshot wound on his chest.
Investigation conducted by Sta. Maria Police Station under Chief Inspector Larry Domingo showed that at about 7:00 0’clock a.m. last Sunday, the victim was holding his HM Smith and Weson Caliber 357 Revolver when it accidentally went off hitting his chest.
The Ng family handed over the victim’s handgun to the responding police investigators with no ammunitions inside the cylinder.
During the interview with the victim’s daughter, Angel Grace Ng, 25, revealed that she heard a loud burst from inside their house and when she verifivied she saw her father in supine position with bullet wound on his chest.
A continuous investigation was conducted to eliminate foul-play in the said incident.
The victim’s body was brought to La Merced Funeral Homes for post mortem and proper burial.
By Eugene A. Lasprilla
- 23/08/2012 13:07 - PNP, BFP, and BJMP officials sad over lost of Sec. Robredo
- 23/08/2012 13:03 - Road mishap: 2 died, 1 hurt in Tigbalabag
- 23/08/2012 13:02 - 3 hurt in another bombing, this time in Zambowood
- 22/08/2012 14:08 - Police in Ayala score vs. criminals: 2 killed, 2 hurt in Patalon shootout
- 22/08/2012 14:03 - BIR office 93-A reaches target collection for July
- 22/08/2012 13:54 - Drug pusher killed, cop hurt in Baliwasan shootout
- 22/08/2012 13:52 - Fabian’s 10-point agenda favored by residents
- 22/08/2012 13:49 - Marc Velasco ‘Ordinary Song’ to hold concert in Zambo City in September
- 22/08/2012 13:46 - P100 million will be refunded to Zamcelco?
- 22/08/2012 13:41 - Thousands join ‘’Zumba na Zambo contra TB’’