Wednesday, 22 August 2012 13:52
Residents here from the cross section of the city favor the ten-point agenda earlier proclaimed by mayoralty aspirant District 2 Congressman Erbie Fabian.
In a survey, barangay leaders, academe, students, women and business group were in total agreement to Fabian’s program lists particularly peace and order.
Majority were also in full accord of the congressman’s early proclamation to rule with ‘iron fist’ if ever he’ll be given the chance to be the chief executive of Zamboanga.
“I cannot be exactly like Duterte of Davao, but if need be, I can rule with iron fist, why not?” Fabian was quoted as saying in a report aired on Radio Mindanao Network last week.
Cholo Soliven, president of the Zamboanga Chamber of Commerce and Industry Foundation (ZCCIFI), had earlier said city officials should accept that peace and order problem really exists in the city.
“There should be no denial to this problem. We should find solution to the problem instead of denying and not accepting that it exist,” Soliven pointed out.
Lamisahan barangay chair Eddie Ramillano said he completely supports Fabian’s ten-point programme because its components are precise, rigid and specific.
He said if realized, it will bring about a total change in the city’s character, integrity, growth and advancement with the end result of providing benefits to the people.
Fabian, according to Ramillano, is in the right direction “he is a leader with good managerial skills and he also listens to recommendation from other leaders unlike some leaders who think they are the only ones who are intellectual.”
By Nonong Santiago
- 23/08/2012 13:02 - 3 hurt in another bombing, this time in Zambowood
- 22/08/2012 14:08 - Police in Ayala score vs. criminals: 2 killed, 2 hurt in Patalon shootout
- 22/08/2012 14:03 - BIR office 93-A reaches target collection for July
- 22/08/2012 14:02 - Businessman accidentally shot himself in Sta. Maria
- 22/08/2012 13:54 - Drug pusher killed, cop hurt in Baliwasan shootout
- 22/08/2012 13:49 - Marc Velasco ‘Ordinary Song’ to hold concert in Zambo City in September
- 22/08/2012 13:46 - P100 million will be refunded to Zamcelco?
- 22/08/2012 13:41 - Thousands join ‘’Zumba na Zambo contra TB’’
- 22/08/2012 13:35 - Truck driver shot dead in Sangali
- 22/08/2012 13:31 - Widespread polls voter registration fraud in South Ubian exposed