Monday, 20 August 2012 14:54
Tags the mayor as a ‘political liar’
Zamboangueños for the Transformation of Zambonga (ZTZ) founder Romeo Jalosjos yesterday called on Mayor Celso Lobregat to find solution to the problem instead of blaming other people for his alleged inefficiency to stop the rising criminalities in Zamboanga City.
Jalosjos’ call came after Lobregat included politics as one of the possible angles for the bombing incident Thursday night at a bus along MCLL highway in Barangay Guiwan and in front of the mosque along Suterville road near Campo Islam that left seven people wounded.
“If Lobregat is saying the bombing incidents could be a politics, I think he is alluding it to our camp,” Jalosjos said. “Do you think he is alluding it to Beng or Erbie? Tiene pa ba otro politician ta man refer ele?” Jalosjos asked.
Jalosjos said police investigators have come up with the following three angles in the explosions — extortion, terrorism and diversionary tactics — as the motives for the blast but Lobregat during the crisis management committee meeting told the police to add politics as one of the motives in the blast.
“I cannot truthfully comment because I have not heard Lobregat as saying this but in radio and newspaper reports it appeared that the mayor really said it. To me, he is a ‘political liar’ saying insensitive and irresponsible comments to his constituents. He should be juicy in his words when he speaks,” Jalosjos emphasized.
According to Jalosjos, in previous years there were numbers of bomb incidents to have occurred in this city such as the explosions in bazaars, Fort Pilar, motel in Canelar, Inn in Guiwan and many others before he came to this city and established the ZTZ.
“So why put the blame on politicians?” he further asked. He said the mayor lacks support to the police especially in disbursing the intelligence funds and does not have a sturdy peace and security plan.
The ZTZ founder said the mayor should accept that peace and order problem exist in the city and should address it rather than politicizing the issue.
“He should help the victims and not trivialize or belittle it by pointing accusing fingers on others,” Jalosjos stressed.
Asked his reactions when the mayor, in almost all his speeches, have called on the people not to support politicians who have Guns, Goons and Gold (3G), Jalosjos disclosed he does not have it.
“I really love that especially coming from his mouth. I will sign with the use of my blood that I will join him to make a promise to the people that there will be no 3Gs to be used by politicians in the coming elections,” Jalosjos declared.
Jalosjos said accusing and blaming others for the mayor’s ineptitude to solve the increasing criminality problem in the city will not help. “Perhaps the mayor does not care.”
By Nonong Santiago
- 21/08/2012 00:00 - Fabian on Legacy: Makes a difference
- 21/08/2012 00:00 - Jalosjos forms JR, a non-political org.
- 21/08/2012 00:00 - Over 30 eggs of 11-ft. python turn rotten
- 21/08/2012 00:00 - Special mass set for Ninoy, Robredo
- 21/08/2012 00:00 - WWF forsees Zambo City could be next Singapore
- 20/08/2012 14:49 - ARMM leaders pray for safe rescue of Robredo
- 20/08/2012 14:47 - Beng initiates security plan for District 1
- 20/08/2012 14:46 - MNLF leaders endorse Gov. Tan to PNoy to run as ARMM governor in 2013 polls
- 20/08/2012 14:44 - Muslims end Ramadan in Eid prayers for peace, recovery
- 20/08/2012 14:36 - Rep. Fabian: ‘I can’t be like Duterte, but it need be, I can adopt ‘iron fist policy’