Monday, 20 August 2012 14:49
Officials of the Autonomous Region of Muslim Mindanao (ARMM) are praying for the safe rescue of Interior and Local Government Secretary Jesse Robredo, who was involved in a plane crash Saturday afternoon.
ARMM Governor Mujiv Hataman was set to meet with Robredo this Tuesday for a peace and order council meeting with Basilan Province officials.
Hataman said he will not cancel the meeting as they still believe Robredo will be rescued.
Robredo was on board a small Piper aircraft when it crashed into the sea off Masbate City Saturday afternoon.
The plane was carrying Robredo, his aide and two pilots. It crashed 150-meters away from the Masbate airport while attempting to make an emergency landing.
Search and rescue operations are ongoing. ARMM officials have urged their people to continue praying for Robredo.
Meanwhile, thousand of Islam believers flocked in three venues in Cotabato City for the congregational prayer to celebrate Eid’l Fit’r, the end of the holy month of Ramadan.
The city hall grounds, Central Pilot School and ARMM grounds were the venues for the prayer.
Internally displaced persons (IDPs) in Maguindanao celebrated Eid’l Fit’r in evacuation camps. No untoward incidents have been reported.
- 21/08/2012 00:00 - Jalosjos forms JR, a non-political org.
- 21/08/2012 00:00 - Over 30 eggs of 11-ft. python turn rotten
- 21/08/2012 00:00 - Special mass set for Ninoy, Robredo
- 21/08/2012 00:00 - WWF forsees Zambo City could be next Singapore
- 20/08/2012 14:54 - Jalosjos calls on Lobregat to find solution instead of blaming people
- 20/08/2012 14:47 - Beng initiates security plan for District 1
- 20/08/2012 14:46 - MNLF leaders endorse Gov. Tan to PNoy to run as ARMM governor in 2013 polls
- 20/08/2012 14:44 - Muslims end Ramadan in Eid prayers for peace, recovery
- 20/08/2012 14:36 - Rep. Fabian: ‘I can’t be like Duterte, but it need be, I can adopt ‘iron fist policy’
- 20/08/2012 14:34 - WWF, BPI conduct workshop on biz risk, climate change