Monday, 20 August 2012 14:47
House Deputy Speaker and District I Representative Beng Climaco has put in place the second leg of implementation of the Human Security and Disaster Preparedness Caravan, a security plan that will link all the 37 barangays in her district to respond to emergencies.
The program is a follow-through of the Barangay Emergency Network Group with the acronym B.E.N.G. which the lady solon started over a year ago with the distribution of L-300 vehicles to each of the barangays under her jurisdiction and the conduct of numerous trainings on security and disaster response.
“We empower the barangays by providing them with equipment vital to their patrolling in their areas of jurisdiction. These are measures that we deem very important in resolving crimes in the district and in the city,” Cong. Climaco said.
The Deputy Speaker believes that while her efforts are only complementary to that of the city government, she has already coordinated the security concerns with concerned agencies so that those in the government forces will be given enough support to carry out their duties for the security of the people of Zamboanga.
“This unrest is something that all of us is called to act. In our particular fields of service, I, in my capacity in legislation I have already sought assistance of the government agencies concerned to help augment the needs of those in the PNP and in the AFP so that security concerns shall be given attention,” she stressed.
The lady solon is expected to distribute communication equipment in the district and shall institutionalize a security plan that shall serve as framework for those in the district.
“I am very grateful to all our colleagues in the barangays for its proactive concern when emergencies happen in the areas. I recall how our L300 vehicles responded to transport some patients when a big fire happened near Nunez Extension last year, they were there to help the victims and were on alert to be able to respond to the needs of the people,” she added.
By Marvin Segura
- 21/08/2012 00:00 - Over 30 eggs of 11-ft. python turn rotten
- 21/08/2012 00:00 - Special mass set for Ninoy, Robredo
- 21/08/2012 00:00 - WWF forsees Zambo City could be next Singapore
- 20/08/2012 14:54 - Jalosjos calls on Lobregat to find solution instead of blaming people
- 20/08/2012 14:49 - ARMM leaders pray for safe rescue of Robredo
- 20/08/2012 14:46 - MNLF leaders endorse Gov. Tan to PNoy to run as ARMM governor in 2013 polls
- 20/08/2012 14:44 - Muslims end Ramadan in Eid prayers for peace, recovery
- 20/08/2012 14:36 - Rep. Fabian: ‘I can’t be like Duterte, but it need be, I can adopt ‘iron fist policy’
- 20/08/2012 14:34 - WWF, BPI conduct workshop on biz risk, climate change
- 20/08/2012 14:31 - ZCCCIFI won’t stop promoting the city as an investment hub