Sunday, 19 August 2012 00:00
The identities of the gunmen in Barangays Recodo and Sta. Maria shooting incidents last week have been established by the Zamboanga City Police Office (ZCPO).
This was revealed yesterday by ZCPO Officer In-charge (OIC) Senior Superintendent James Mejia.
Mejia said based on the gathered information their investigation led them to the identities of the assailants of the fatalities.
The police investigators of Sta. Maria Police Station under Chief Inspector Larry Domingo have filed 3 counts of murder case and attempted murder against certain Mahadil Abil alias khadaft Abil and Ka Abil alias Gordo, both of legal ages and residents of Barangay San Roque, before the city prosecutor’s office.
The 3 counts murder case against the suspect were docketed under I.S. number IX-06-INV-12H-00411 filed last August 16, 2012. But the two suspects remain at large.
Billy Sarte y Lee, his son, Ronald; and Emmanuel Boy Uy y Ignacio were gunned down by a gunman riding in tandem on a motorcycle along Governor Ramos Avenue in Sta. Maria Sunday night.
Meanwhile, Mejia also named the gunman who shot to death Robert Padohilaga y Balio, of legal age, a native of South Cotabato and temporarily staying at Dacon, Barangay Recodo, last week.
The OIC police chief said that gunman was identified by the witnesses as a certain Arsahil Daris alias Bunso, a well-known hold-upper in the area.
Witnesses identified Daris as the gunman who fled the crime scene on board a Honda XRM motorcycle together with unidentified companion.
A manhunt operation is being conducted while a murder case was readied against the suspects in court.
By Eugene A. Lasprilla
- 19/08/2012 00:00 - 15-yr-old girl raped by brother
- 19/08/2012 00:00 - Zobel de Ayala visits Zambo City to celeberate BPI 100 Years
- 19/08/2012 00:00 - More Army troops deployed to Basilan
- 19/08/2012 00:00 - Police form task force to probe twin bombings
- 19/08/2012 00:00 - Police release cartographic sketch of suspect in Zambo bus bombing
- 19/08/2012 00:00 - Troops clash anew with NPA rebels in Zambo Sibugay
- 18/08/2012 11:33 - 2 bomb explosions rock Zambo City: 7 wounded
- 18/08/2012 11:32 - CHR-9 condemns 2 bombings, spate of killings in Zambo City
- 18/08/2012 11:31 - GSIS restores privileges of DepEd-Basilan teachers, employees
- 18/08/2012 11:26 - Mayor Lobregat includes politics as one of angles on 2 blasts