Saturday, 18 August 2012 11:24
The Philippine Red Cross (PRC) will award today the PRC’s Best of Men and Women and officially present the candidates for the Miss Red Cross 2012 at the Celebrity Hall of the Grand Astoria Hotel.
PRC Zamboanga City Chapter Administrator Victor Liozo Jr., said that they will give recognition to men and women in this city who excelled in their respective fields.
According to him, the Miss Red Cross is one of PRC’s yearly fund raising campaigns.
The awardees for the best men and women are for medicine Doctors Zenaida F. Tamin and Rolando A. Bucoy, Public Safety and Security P/ Chief Supt. Mario Yanga, F/ Supt. Dominador Zabala, Sr. Insp. Gemma C. Luna, and SPO1 Edgar M. Acosta, for Business Mr. Lope A. Iringan, Transportation Mr. Celso Bayabos, Civic Clubs and Organizations Ms. Elizabeth S. Salmon, Ms. Gloria M. Abendan, Justice System Retired Judge Atty. Jesus Carbon, Atty. Darlene Pajarito, Public Utility Mr. Leonardo Rey Vasquez, Sports Prof. Elberlt C. Atilano, Media Joel Sanson and Rey Bayoging, Education Supt. Pedro Melchor Natividad, Dr. Nora Ponce, Mr. Al Rahimin Kenoh, Ms. Aida Coyme, Dr. Maria Pilar Gregorio, Ms. Laarni Miranda, Dr. Salihmatal Lagbas, Dr. Lutchi Rimando, Mr. Julieto Fernandez, Ms. Arlindela Ramirez, Ms. Larmi Abad, and Ms. Marnellie Mae Calicdan, for the Local Government Unit Councilors Luis Noning Biel, Benjamin Guingona, and Percival Ramos, Mr. Diosdado Palacat, Mr. Reynaldo Gonzales, Efigenio Julian Jr., Nonito Aranas, Frederick Atilano, Rey P. Modillas, and Dr. Art Onrubia.
The Education Sector will be represented by Ms. Erica Jane C. Elli, Local Government Sector Ms. Kristal Dawn T. Apolinario, Philippine National Police Ms. Jessielyn Samson, Industrial Sector Maria Joy Pelayo, and Business Sector Ms. Yvonne Napao.
The Miss Red Cross is a yearly activity which is being participated by the different sectors in Zamboanga City to include the Business, Industrial, LGU, PNP, Education, Military and the Professional, Civic Clubs, Religious, and Insurance Company.
The second canvassing will be on September 22 to include the sports and cocktail wear competition, and the final canvassing will be on October 22 to include the talent portion.
The Ms. Red Cross is an envelope campaign where candidates will be given envelopes. Who among the candidates has the most money collected at the end of the competition will win.
The money collected will be used to fund the six major Red Cross services like the blood program, Red Cross Youth, community health and nursing services, disaster management services, safety services and social services. Most of the money will be used for the maintenance and operation of the PRC Blood Bank.
Meanwhile, Liozo revealed the PRC is targeting to collect more than P1.3 Million for this year’s search for Ms. Red Cross.
The winner for the contest will be the ambassador of goodwill of the PRC, Zamboanga City Chapter.
By R.G. A A. Go
- 18/08/2012 11:32 - CHR-9 condemns 2 bombings, spate of killings in Zambo City
- 18/08/2012 11:31 - GSIS restores privileges of DepEd-Basilan teachers, employees
- 18/08/2012 11:26 - Mayor Lobregat includes politics as one of angles on 2 blasts
- 18/08/2012 11:25 - PAZ, IRSMP, GCCPBA ink MOA with DepEd for “Peace Education”
- 18/08/2012 11:25 - Police eye angles of extortion, terrorism, diversionary tactics for twin bombings
- 18/08/2012 11:19 - Ramadan trade fair
- 18/08/2012 11:13 - Tight security at city's airport
- 17/08/2012 15:57 - 2 more dead in fresh wave of shootings along Camins Avenue, Barangay Recodo
- 17/08/2012 15:53 - Agan backs UZ tarpaulin showing count down of gunshot victims
- 17/08/2012 15:52 - CMZ opens new Eye Care Center