Friday, 17 August 2012 15:53
Councilor Rommel Agan yesterday said he fully supports the move of Universidad de Zamboanga (UZ) in hanging the huge tarpaulin at the university’s building in downtown showing to all and sundry the number of gunshot victims in the city from the month of January to the present.
Agan said the number of deaths printed in the tarpaulin will always serve as a reminder to the concerned official at City Hall in relation to the proper disbursement of the intelligence funds to the intelligence community.
“Everytime he goes out at the veranda of City Hall, he will be reminded that there are so many Zamboangueños already killed by gunshot. O hala que aquel ta man disburse el intelligence fund ay man conciensia ele,” Agan said.
The councilor also hoped the other officials who are allegedly benefiting from the intelligence funds being given to them as dole outs to maintain their allegiance to the giver, will also have conscience on their part.
He was referring to members of the LDP in the august body.
Agan said people joining the social network such as Facebook and Twitter are flaring up with so many messages inquiring how much these aldermen are allegedly receiving and dividing from the intel funds to keep them from going against the benefactor.
“Ojala que este maga hente ay man huya tamen era cay el sangre del maga quien ya muri, na mano tamen di-ila,” Agan said.
He said the numbers of deaths as reported in the UZ tarpaulin is a daily reminders to the leaders who are not looking for an alternative solution to put a stop to the unabated killings.
By Nonong santiago
- 18/08/2012 11:25 - Police eye angles of extortion, terrorism, diversionary tactics for twin bombings
- 18/08/2012 11:24 - PRC awards Best of Men and Women, presents candidates for Miss Red Cross 2012
- 18/08/2012 11:19 - Ramadan trade fair
- 18/08/2012 11:13 - Tight security at city's airport
- 17/08/2012 15:57 - 2 more dead in fresh wave of shootings along Camins Avenue, Barangay Recodo
- 17/08/2012 15:52 - CMZ opens new Eye Care Center
- 17/08/2012 15:51 - Iturralde urges Estilles to assess police performance
- 17/08/2012 15:46 - Political will needed to solve problem, says Mercy Arquiza
- 17/08/2012 15:45 - Residents alarmed over wave of killings in Zambo City
- 17/08/2012 15:44 - Saavedra calls on authorities to augment more policemen