Friday, 17 August 2012 15:52
Ciudad Medical Zamboanga (CMZ) officially launched yesterday morning its Eye Care Center to better serve the Zamboangueños and others in Zamboanga Peninsula.
The launching was held inside the CMZ hospital headed by CMZ President and CEO Dr. Joven M. Monsanto.
“We increase the capability of our clinic so we will be able to detect diseases of the eye and treat them. We also network with other Ophthalmologist in the Philippines and other country to assist our patients better,” Dr. Monsanto said in an interview.
He also said that if the doctors in the city have queries they can ask for help from specialties from Manila or even doctors from other country by sending the files of the patients.
The CMZ's Eye Care Center is fully equipped with modern and new facilities to include Keratometer, Slit Lamp, Humphrey Matrix, Alcon RXP Ocuscan Biometer, and a Fundus Camera.
The Eye Center, being led by three eye specialists Dr. Monsanto, Dr. Victorio N. Cajita, and Dr. Norwin Detalla, is one of the modern hospitals Zamboanga City.
The vision of the hospital's eye center is to become the premiere eye care provider of Region IX, providing comprehensive and cost efficient eye care services.
It is utilizing modern ophthalmic equipment, network with subspecialist nationwide to further enhance the outcome of eye care, and support World Health Organization’s vision 2020 global initiative.
The services being offered by the center include vision screening, diabetic screening, glaucoma screening, retinopathy screening, over all eye checkup, eye surgery and others screening and procedures involving the eyes.
"Most of the eye problems being encountered in this Region are the diabetic retinopathy and glaucoma," Dr. Monsanto said.
He assured the public that despite the modern equipments the hospital offers, the services being given is quality and at a reasonable price cheaper than in Metro Manila.
By: R.G. Antonet Go
- 18/08/2012 11:24 - PRC awards Best of Men and Women, presents candidates for Miss Red Cross 2012
- 18/08/2012 11:19 - Ramadan trade fair
- 18/08/2012 11:13 - Tight security at city's airport
- 17/08/2012 15:57 - 2 more dead in fresh wave of shootings along Camins Avenue, Barangay Recodo
- 17/08/2012 15:53 - Agan backs UZ tarpaulin showing count down of gunshot victims
- 17/08/2012 15:51 - Iturralde urges Estilles to assess police performance
- 17/08/2012 15:46 - Political will needed to solve problem, says Mercy Arquiza
- 17/08/2012 15:45 - Residents alarmed over wave of killings in Zambo City
- 17/08/2012 15:44 - Saavedra calls on authorities to augment more policemen
- 17/08/2012 15:43 - Tactical alliance an option for 2013 elections - Fabian