Thursday, 16 August 2012 14:18
Col. Arnulfo B. Junio, PAF (GSC) fomally took over yesterday as the new 530th ABW Wing Commander, replacing Brig Gen. Emeraldo C. Magnaye in a change of Command held at the Edwin Andrews Air Base (EAAB) grandstand in Barangay Sta. Maria.
In a speech, Junio thanked PAF’s hierarchy for the trust and confidence of allowing him to occupy such sensitive position.
“Our unit will continue to undertake community outreach program, adopt a mountain including Barangay and school, coastal clean-up and other activities to improve coordination with the LGU’s, government and non-government organizations (NGO’s), and other stakeholders within the context of internal peace and security,” Junio said before guests and visitors.
He assured of a safe and secured air base as well as optimize the employment of the unit’s resources and equipment to complete its missions and visions.
“This is with the support of our reliably competent men and women of the 530th ABW and the 3rd Air Division so as to ensure to live up with their expectation,” Junio added.
Magnaye, for his part, proudly presented his accomplishments from June 2011 to August 2012. His stint as Wing Commander saw the strict implementation and adherence of the mandated realignment of all personnel according to their respective unit for stable organization.
The effort led to the enhancement and increased of the performance of career management of every enlisted personnel by putting the right man to the right job.
“The green mark has been achieved even without the additional manpower,” Magnaye said.
According to Magnaye, the PAF transported thousands of military personnel and their dependents, civilian passengers and close to a million pounds of cargoes, evacuated several military patients and hundreds of VIP’s and local residents from June, 2011 to August, 2012.
The Wing also completed nine program courses with 47 officers and 589 enlisted personnel and the historic launching of the ‘Wing’s Organizational Manual,’ with its aggressive approach for the publication of reference materials in the years to come.
“Our creative and dynamic effort to produce an ISO focus (on) Program of Instruction (POI) that will be truly relevant to the times – is a way to the new training development and strategy, as defenders of the nation, as partners of nation-building and as leaders of characters and professionalism,” Magnaye concluded.
The change of command ceremony was witnessed by Commanding General of the Philippine Air Force (CG-PAF) Lt. Gen. Lauro Catalino Dela Cruz (AFP), as presiding officer, as well as Mayor Celso Lobregat, other local and Barangay officials and representatives from the Joint Special Operations Task Force-Philippines (JSOTF-P).
By Monch L. Follosco
- 17/08/2012 15:43 - Tactical alliance an option for 2013 elections - Fabian
- 17/08/2012 15:39 - Two drug suspects nabbed in Tagasilay, Sta. Catalina
- 16/08/2012 14:28 - LTO: Implementation of law on full face helmet to affect 50,000 motorcycle owners
- 16/08/2012 14:26 - Abu Sayyaf rebels kill soldier in new fighting in Basilan
- 16/08/2012 14:23 - City’s peace council meets on helmet issue
- 16/08/2012 14:13 - Elago backs move to calm down implem’ tion of full face helmet law
- 16/08/2012 14:13 - Jalosjos camp wants medicines for poor readily available
- 16/08/2012 14:12 - Lobregat: ‘Next mayor must be a role model’
- 16/08/2012 14:11 - Man breaks into farmer’s home, kills 1, injures 2 in Curuan
- 16/08/2012 14:09 - Man stabbed, hurt in Sinunuc