Thursday, 16 August 2012 14:13
“Maga pobre nohay medicina! “ [The poor people don’t have medicines.]
This is the message posted in one registration center of the Zamboangueños for the Transformation of Zamboanga (ZTZ) in Tumaga particularly at the residence of Councilor Rodolfo Bayot.
Bayot placed the signage as he observes that many poor residents cannot avail of medicines whenever they are sick.
He said he is joining the ZTZ of former Zamboanga del Norte Congressman Romeo “Nonong” Jalosjos as one of its 25-point agenda is to address the medical needs particularly of the poor Zamboanguenos.
Earlier, Jalosjos said a comprehensive program to help the medical needs of local residents will be prepared once he will be elected mayor of Zamboanga City next year as this is one area that the local government unit should seriously address.
Poor local residents today approach city councilors, the City Social Welfare Development Office and City Hall or wherever they are redirected for requests of medicines.
ZTZ believes that the local government should emulate the policy of Makati City where poor and indigent residents get free hospitalization and medical attention.
by Frank Buenaventura
- 16/08/2012 14:28 - LTO: Implementation of law on full face helmet to affect 50,000 motorcycle owners
- 16/08/2012 14:26 - Abu Sayyaf rebels kill soldier in new fighting in Basilan
- 16/08/2012 14:23 - City’s peace council meets on helmet issue
- 16/08/2012 14:18 - Col. Junio takes over PAF’s 530th ABW command
- 16/08/2012 14:13 - Elago backs move to calm down implem’ tion of full face helmet law
- 16/08/2012 14:12 - Lobregat: ‘Next mayor must be a role model’
- 16/08/2012 14:11 - Man breaks into farmer’s home, kills 1, injures 2 in Curuan
- 16/08/2012 14:09 - Man stabbed, hurt in Sinunuc
- 15/08/2012 13:38 - Killing spree continues as one more shot to death in Divisoria
- 15/08/2012 13:35 - Bomb explosion rocks in Basilan