Monday, 13 August 2012 13:21
Number of gunshot victims in the city reaches now to 113
Another shooting incident, this time in Barangay San Jose Gusu, just a week after a Satti food businesswoman was gunned down in Barangay Tetuan along MCLL highway.
In the latest incident, a security guard of a local gasoline depot was shot and seriously wounded by unidentified persons riding in two separate motorcycles in the said barangay.
Police Sr. Inspector Arlan Delumpines, Criminal and Investigation Detective Management Unit (CIDMU) chief, identified the victim as Lucilo Albento y Napalcruz, 59, married, and a resident of Baliwasan Grande.
The victim sustained a lone gunshot wound at the back of his body and rushed to Z.A.E.C Community Medical Hospital where he is presently admitted at the Intensive Care Unit (ICU).
CIDMU investigators have not recovered any spent shell of a caliber, but the victim’s newly purchased Shogun motorcyle with combination color of black and red with license plate number 3362 JL scene was retrieved.
In an interview with Delumpines, he said the suspects were tailing the victim who came from work on board his motorcycle on the way home.
“Upon reaching infront of ZAMCELCO Action Center along San Jose Gusu, the victim was shot by one of the suspects and crashed on the cemented pavement of the road with his motorcycle.”
When the suspects attempted to take away the motorcycle, a Civilian Armed Forces Geographical Unit (CAFGU) member on duty at ZAMCELCO Action Center came out to verify the incident which prompted the assailants to sped off towards unknown direction, according to Delumpines.
With the latest shooting incident, the gun violence in the city is becoming more alarming, which is mostly perpetrated by unidentified persons riding-in-tandem on a motorcycle, concerned citizens said.
Police had no information about the identity of the suspects and their whereabouts, but they believed the motive of the incident was carnapping.By
By Eugene A. Lasprilla
- 14/08/2012 13:12 - 9 DepEd-9 employees clarify arrest warrants
- 14/08/2012 13:11 - GPH, MILF end talks with progress, commit to solve problems
- 14/08/2012 13:10 - Lobregat fully supports Iturralde on helmet issue
- 14/08/2012 13:04 - Kicker: On UZ tarpaulin showing number of gunshot victims
- 14/08/2012 12:57 - EDSP scholarships for OFW dependents opened - OWWA
- 13/08/2012 13:21 - Boat skipper found dead in Recodo
- 13/08/2012 13:19 - ‘Greening’ program will improve water supply of Zamboanga
- 13/08/2012 13:18 - Kin of slain Comelec officer in Basilan seeks justice
- 13/08/2012 13:14 - PRC Zambo chapter blood bank runs P300k deficit
- 13/08/2012 13:13 - SRPI, mayor’s office give out work books