Monday, 13 August 2012 13:18
The family of an election officer who was gunned in Isabela City, Basilan Province is seeking justice for his death.
Daryl Kinazo, a city officer of the Commission of Elections (Comelec), was shot and dead by unidentified gunmen on Saturday.
Kinazo was riding his motorcycle en route to Lamitan City when a group of armed men intercepted him along the highway of Isabela City and opened fire at him.
He sustained multiple gunshot wounds in his body and neck. He was rushed to the hospital but the doctors weren’t able to save him.
Authorities theorized that Kinazo’s position as an election officer could probably be the reason behind the shooting.
Also, a report said Kinazo’s relationship with his wife is another angle the police are looking at.
But the victim’s family said Kinazo and his wife have been separated for a while already and they do not know of any unsettled problems between the couple.
One of the victim’s siblings said Kinazo received a death threat recently but they still do not have any evidence to prove where the threat it came from.
- 14/08/2012 13:04 - Kicker: On UZ tarpaulin showing number of gunshot victims
- 14/08/2012 12:57 - EDSP scholarships for OFW dependents opened - OWWA
- 13/08/2012 13:21 - Another shooting: 1 wounded in Barangay San Jose Gusu
- 13/08/2012 13:21 - Boat skipper found dead in Recodo
- 13/08/2012 13:19 - ‘Greening’ program will improve water supply of Zamboanga
- 13/08/2012 13:14 - PRC Zambo chapter blood bank runs P300k deficit
- 13/08/2012 13:13 - SRPI, mayor’s office give out work books
- 13/08/2012 13:09 - Thousands join Walk for Humanity
- 13/08/2012 12:54 - Topsy-turvy public market needs to be transformed
- 13/08/2012 12:50 - ZCMC celebrates Hospital Week