Friday, 10 August 2012 11:15
At least two suspected bandits were killed while another captured by the combined forces of policemen and government’s militiamen in a firefight in Tungawan town, Zamboanga Sibugay province.
The firefight took place around 10 a.m. Tuesday at Sitio Mandi, Tigbanuang village, Tungawan town, said Senior Superintendent Jonathan Perez, Zamboanga Sibugay police director.
Perez said the police and militia forces were on a foot patrol in Sitio Mandi, Tigbanuang when they chanced upon a group of armed men, triggering a 10-minute firefight.
The slain suspected bandits were identified as Absirin Unding and Muksirin Unding. Their captured companion was a certain Hakkin Jadji Balanda.
Two caliber .45 pistol with ammunition were recovered from the bandits’ possession.
Perez said there were no casualties on the government side during the firefight. He said the enemies fled to different directions.
The slain bandits were turned over to the village officials for proper disposition while the captured suspect was taken to the hospital for treatment.
The bandits retaliated few hours after the firefight when they attacked policemen manning an outpost along the national highway of Tigbanuang at around 3:00 p.m.
But policemen repulsed the attackers believed to be led by Commander Yacub Iyong alias Commander Bote and Pablo.
The bandits fled after the attack as the policemen outsmarted the attackers, Perez said.
It was learned from Perez, the bandits were responsible in atrocities like extorti
on, robbery abd holdups.
It was learned from Perez, the bandits were responsible in atrocities like extortion, robbery abd holdups.
- 11/08/2012 00:00 - Mining company adopts a river project in Vitali
- 11/08/2012 00:00 - Reliable, efficient communication for your business globally
- 11/08/2012 00:00 - Renown fashion designer belies Aussie's allegation
- 11/08/2012 00:00 - Send Bulk Text Messages to your clients in a flash with Sun Business Message Cast
- 11/08/2012 00:00 - 2 robbery suspects arrested
- 10/08/2012 11:13 - 1 positive case of Enterovirus confirmed in Zambo City
- 10/08/2012 11:11 - City Council helps flood victims in Manila, Luzon
- 10/08/2012 11:09 - Dialogue on helmets issue set next week at City Council
- 10/08/2012 11:00 - DTI issues ICC stickers for helmets
- 10/08/2012 10:58 - Hataman condemns BIFF attacks in Maguindanao