Friday, 10 August 2012 11:00
Engr. Rolando G. Acuña, Provincial Director, Department of Trade & Industry, Zamboanga City Office (DTI-ZCO), announces to the general public particularly to the owners of motorcycle helmets that his office will start issuing the prescribed Standard or Import Commodity Clearance (ICC) Stickers effective yesterday, August 9, 2012.
Director Acuña clarifies however that this program is intended to address the problem of motorcycle riders whose helmets were bought or acquired prior to the enactment of Rep. Act No. 10054, an “Act Mandating All Motorcycle Riders To Wear Standard Protective Motorcycle Helmets While Driving and Providing Penalties Therefor”, passed by congress on March 23, 2010. Aside from the ICC, sticker, and so as to be able to validate its authenticity, a Certificate Product Conformance will likewise be issued by the DTI after the required evaluation. Hence, motorcycle helmets acquired after March 23, 2010, must bear the prescribed Standard or ICC stickers issued by the DTI to the manufacturers or importers in compliance with PNS UN-ECE Reg. No. 22:2007.
Acuña further clarified that the issuance of certificate of conformance and ICC stickers are free of charge, however, the motorcycle rider must comply with the following requirements:
1. Fill-up application form
2. Submit a photo copy of valid identification card
3. Submit photo copies of LTO OR and CR of the motorcycle
4. Presentation of the actual motorcycle helmet
5. Disclosure that the helmet has not been dropped
6. The motorcycle helmet must be included in the list of helmet brands certified by the Bureau of Products Standards (BPS) of DTI or other accredited certifying bodies.
7. Proof of purchase/acquisition (Invoice, OR, Store’s Certification/affidavit of sale, etc.)
Concerned motorcycle riders can visit during office hours the DTI office at: 2nd Floor, V.H. Wee Building, Veterans Avenue, Zamboanga City or call Tel. Nos. 9912704 or 9912705.
- 11/08/2012 00:00 - 2 robbery suspects arrested
- 10/08/2012 11:15 - 2 bandits killed, 1 captured in Tungawan town firefight
- 10/08/2012 11:13 - 1 positive case of Enterovirus confirmed in Zambo City
- 10/08/2012 11:11 - City Council helps flood victims in Manila, Luzon
- 10/08/2012 11:09 - Dialogue on helmets issue set next week at City Council
- 10/08/2012 10:58 - Hataman condemns BIFF attacks in Maguindanao
- 10/08/2012 10:57 - Iturralde bares political plan
- 10/08/2012 10:55 - SC rules with finality: Young Jalosjos is qualified to run
- 10/08/2012 10:31 - ZCMS has new prexy
- 09/08/2012 13:07 - Landslide leaves 4 dead in Midsalip, Zambo del Sur