Thursday, 09 August 2012 11:25
The construction works of the 2.007 kilometers Imelda–Bayog- Kumalarang-Lapuyan-Margosatubig Road in Imelda, Zamboanga Sibugay is already 75 percent complete,
Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH) Regional Director George Sebastian the road that has a length of 2.007 kilometers is categorized as national secondary road and is the only access in going to and from the 19 hinterland barangays in the municipalities of Imelda, Diplahan and Siay, in Zamboanga Sibugay province.
“The road is vital in the delivery of farm products to the market centers in Imelda, a 4th class municipality in the province of Zamboanga Sibugay,” Sebastian said.
According to Sebastian, the P50 million worth project funded under the 2012 Regular Infrastructure Program involves upgrading of road pavement from gravel to concrete.
The project started in January this year and is expected to be completed in September also this year, Sebastian said.
- 10/08/2012 10:55 - SC rules with finality: Young Jalosjos is qualified to run
- 10/08/2012 10:31 - ZCMS has new prexy
- 09/08/2012 13:07 - Landslide leaves 4 dead in Midsalip, Zambo del Sur
- 09/08/2012 11:29 - Biel: ‘My loyalty is still with LDP’
- 09/08/2012 11:26 - Cabato hints to pattern Davao City’s iron fist in Zambo City
- 09/08/2012 11:24 - Drinking spree in Sangali turns bloody: 1 stabbed
- 09/08/2012 11:23 - Drug suspect falls in Brgy. Recodo
- 09/08/2012 11:22 - Iturralde wants control of police force back to city government
- 09/08/2012 11:20 - Kato attacks in Cotabato timed to coincide with GPH, MILF talks in KL, says Leonen
- 09/08/2012 11:18 - Thousands to join ‘Walk for Humanity’ on Aug. 6