Tuesday, 07 August 2012 12:56
“This is not hearsay.” This was the comment of Zamcelco President Elbert “Bong” Atilano referring to ousted NEA Project Supervisor and Zamcelco Officer-In-Charge (OIC) Engr. Jesus Castro who denied all accusations thrown against him by Zamcelco Board.
Atilano said the present Board almost became a victim of alleged anomalies of Castro on the supposed payment of Electrification program when they almost signed the precipitate documents.
“Del otro konel Board pirmi ta desculpa, serka ya tamen kame queda victima del summary dismissal. Bueno ya lang tiene working Board,” Atilano said in the vernacular.
He said the National Electrification Administration (NEA) will not send back Castro in the City as Project Supervisor and Zamcelco OIC unless he will show approved document by NEA’s Board of Directors and the Department of Energy (DOE).
“I already instructed the guard to hold Castro if he comes back without necessary papers,” Atilano said.
Earlier, Zamcelco Board approved resolution No. 66-12 “strongly requesting the NEA to recall the designation of Engr. Castro as project Supervisor and Acting General Manager (PS/AGM) of Zamcelco,” due to loss of trust and confidence and the alleged irregularities to include the Sitio Electrification programs, the Task Force created by the Office of the PS/AGM, the hiring and appointment of employees and many others.
The sitios Electrification program is the flagship project of President Benigno Aquino III to energize far-flung areas for people who still have not experienced the benefits of electricity.
Atilano said that because of this alleged anomalies in the city, President Aquino instructed for the strict implementation of the Sitios Electrification program throughout the country and to run after those involved in the mess.
Meanwhile, Atilano said as part of their request of Zamcelco’s Board resolution, officials from NEA-DOE Audit Team will arrive on Wednesday to conduct a Comprehensive and Financial Audit of Zamcelco from the time PS/AGM Castro assumed office.
By Monch L. Follosco
- 08/08/2012 09:08 - ZCWD conducts Mid-Term Review
- 07/08/2012 13:10 - 3 killed, 2 wounded in Basilan shooting
- 07/08/2012 13:03 - 1 of 3 escapees captured, another yielded, one more on the run
- 07/08/2012 13:02 - 158 inmates registered at City Jail for 2013 polls
- 07/08/2012 12:57 - AGPI investor clarifies report on illegal trade
- 07/08/2012 12:55 - BFP IX gets fighting gears
- 07/08/2012 12:55 - Erbie calls for new moral order
- 07/08/2012 12:53 - Jalosjos vows actions on social woes
- 07/08/2012 12:53 - Soliven: 'High cost of doing biz makes city uncompetitive'
- 07/08/2012 12:47 - Zamcelco Board calls for probe behind cancellation of elections