Tuesday, 07 August 2012 12:55
The Bureau of Fire Protection-IX (BFP-IX) received yesterday several fire fighting gears for the use of firefighters.
Zamboanga City Fire District (ZCFD) District Fire Marshall F/ Supt. Dominador Zabala revealed during an interview.
“Este dia ya sabe kame cay chene ya lega maga firefighting gears egual fire coat fire helmet fire boots y hose. Otro año pa este yan bidding ya liega este dia lang o hala dale na ZCFD," he said.
According to Zabala, as of present, he still does not know as to where these items will be distributed.
BFP IX Regional Director, F/Sr. Supt. Carlito B. Ocena will still have to decide where the new equipments will be given.
However, he hoped that ZCFD will be given because they lacked equipments as the office still needs 50 fire coat, 50 fire helmet, 50 fire boots and 50 hoses so the firemen can perform much better.
In case the ZCFD will be given, Zabala said he will distribute the equipments to those who needed it most especially in places, where there are several incidents of fire are recorded.
At present, the Zamboanga City Fire District has seven fire stations located in Sta. Maria, Tetuan, Ayala, Manicahan, Quiniput, Vitali, and the City Fire Station. Aside from these, they also have seven fire sub-stations Guiwan, Boalan, Sta. Catalina, Upper Calarian, Recodo, Talisayan, Mercedes.
By R.G. A A. Go
- 07/08/2012 13:10 - 3 killed, 2 wounded in Basilan shooting
- 07/08/2012 13:03 - 1 of 3 escapees captured, another yielded, one more on the run
- 07/08/2012 13:02 - 158 inmates registered at City Jail for 2013 polls
- 07/08/2012 12:57 - AGPI investor clarifies report on illegal trade
- 07/08/2012 12:56 - Atilano won’t allow Castro to come back in Zamcelco
- 07/08/2012 12:55 - Erbie calls for new moral order
- 07/08/2012 12:53 - Jalosjos vows actions on social woes
- 07/08/2012 12:53 - Soliven: 'High cost of doing biz makes city uncompetitive'
- 07/08/2012 12:47 - Zamcelco Board calls for probe behind cancellation of elections
- 06/08/2012 13:20 - Double murder case filed against suspects in Sta. Maria shooting