Monday, 06 August 2012 13:20
A double murder case has been filed against the suspects behing the shooting and killing of two young businssmen while riding-in-tandem on a motorcycle along the road in Barangay Sta. Maria in this city last month.
According to the report, the investigator of Sta. Maria Police Station identified the suspects as Rolando Jumawan, of legal age, a resident in Isabela City, Basilan; and his unidentified companions.
The report said that the victims’ wives, Veronica Revillas; and Charita Yap, residents of Pasonanca and Talon-Talon, respectively, filed a formal complaint at the police station against the suspects.
It also showed that the local police have already gathered evidence and affidavits from possible witnesses positively pinpointing Jumawan and his companions (name witheld) as the suspects.
The double murder charge (docketed under NPS number IX-06-INV-12H-00395 dated August 3, 2012) against the identfied suspect was already forwarded to the office of the city prosecutor.
George Yap y Lu, of legal age, of Barangay Talon-Talon; and Melchor Revilla y Napalcruz, of legal age, of Pasonanca, were gunned down while on board a single motorcycle heading the direction of Barangay Pasonanca, this city, on Thursday afternoon, August 26, 2012.
They sustained multiple gunshot wounds in the different parts of their bodies resulting to their instantaneous death. Yap died on the spot while the other one was critically wounded and died later.
It was not disclosed whether the suspects are now in the custody of police, but optimism is high that ther double murder charge against the suspect will prosper in court.
By Eugene A. Lasprilla
- 07/08/2012 12:55 - BFP IX gets fighting gears
- 07/08/2012 12:55 - Erbie calls for new moral order
- 07/08/2012 12:53 - Jalosjos vows actions on social woes
- 07/08/2012 12:53 - Soliven: 'High cost of doing biz makes city uncompetitive'
- 07/08/2012 12:47 - Zamcelco Board calls for probe behind cancellation of elections
- 06/08/2012 13:17 - Agan calls on Beng, Erbie to ask PNoy Zambo City airport's rehab
- 06/08/2012 13:16 - Beng backs ICT initiative for Zambo
- 06/08/2012 13:11 - CHO gears up against EV-71
- 06/08/2012 13:05 - Lobregat dislikes UZ tarpaulin shooting incident countdown
- 06/08/2012 13:05 - Man hacks brod- in-law, niece in Brgy. Patalon