Saturday, 04 August 2012 11:00
The Philippine Military Academy (PMA), the country’s premier military institution, announces its annual entrance examination on August 26, 2012 (Sunday) to be held at different areas throughout the country.
For interested applicants in Zamboanga Peninsula, examination areas are in Western Mindanao State University in Zamboanga City, Notre Dame of Jolo College in Jolo, Sulu, and Mindanao State University Preparatory High School in Bongao, Tawi-Tawi.
Interested applicants may download application forms or may apply on-line through its website at www.pma.ph.
Interested applicants are likewise required to attach their Form 137 and NSO Copy of Birth Certificate. For on-line applicants, the aforementioned documents should be scanned (PDF file format) and then attached to the On-Line Application system.
The following are the qualifications for admission in the academy: applicants must be a natural born Filipino citizen; physically fit and of good moral character; single and have never been married; at least High School Graduate; no Administrative/Criminal Case; minimum height requirement is 5 feet for both male and female (not to exceed 6’4” for both); and the age requirement for applicants vying to enter PMA on 01 April 2013 should have been born from 01 April 1991 to 01 April 1996.
Applicants younger than 17 but at least 16 years old on April 1 following the date of examination may also apply for cadetship provided that the applicants possess the above mentioned qualifications.
Aside from the opportunity to serve the mother land, there are benefits and privileges provided by the academy for the qualified applicants. They will receive a monthly salary while studying, a well-rounded education in academics, leadership and physical fitness and most importantly, they will have a progressive career as an officer in the Philippine Army, Navy or Air Force.
The PMA Entrance Examination covers Algebra and Geometry, Grammar and Composition, Reading and Comprehension, Verbal and Numerical Reasoning and Pattern Analysis.
Interested applicants may get copy of application forms from the Office of the Assistant Chief Unified Command Staff for CMO, U7 in Western Mindanao Command, Camp Navarro, Upper Calarian, Zamboanga City or they may download it from the official website of the academy.
For more information, you may also inquire from the Office of the Cadet Admission through their mobile phone numbers 0927-3810-493 (Globe) or 0949-4270-584 (Smart).
- 04/08/2012 11:53 - Alavar praises organizers of 'Vida Na Mangle Festival'
- 04/08/2012 11:51 - CEB launches 6 more inter-island routes
- 04/08/2012 11:50 - Number of gunshot victims reaches now to 110
- 04/08/2012 11:48 - Aman trading group warns bogus investors using its biz name
- 04/08/2012 11:04 - House of cop’s pa robbed in Sta. Catalina
- 04/08/2012 10:53 - 3 cops, civilian killed, 5 more wounded in Sulu ambush
- 03/08/2012 14:24 - Grenade blast at Catholic Cathedral in Jolo, Sulu
- 03/08/2012 14:24 - Brgy. chairman, 3 others arrested for illegal guns in Zambo del Sur
- 03/08/2012 14:23 - City gov't, PSC support Diaz in London 2012 Olympics
- 03/08/2012 14:22 - DA conducts training on promotion of corn