Friday, 03 August 2012 14:14
A case of graft and corruption will be filed against the chairman of Barangay Tugbungan and his treasurer before the office of the Ombudsman in Davao City, the lawyer of complainant said.
Atty. Kim Elago, the lawyer of complainant Tugbungan kagawad Richard Bautista, revealed that the case is now ready to be filed against Tugbungan chair Agustin Graciano and his treasurer Melanie Jubaira.
According to Elago, the documentation is already done and they are already in the process of filing the case. He said they will send the complaint by mail to the Office of the Ombudsman in Davao City.
Based on their documents and affidavits, Elago made clear only two persons have been raised and that the case will be filed against the barangay chairman and his treasure because they are the ones who allegedly signed the checks.
“Mucho kel caso kay el cheke yan forged cuando ya man encashed and el sen graft and corruption se...aside from that, tiene otro caso ya sigi este case involving ta man issue barangay clearance," said Elago.
Accordingly ta resibi sila P30 per barangay clearance el problema accordingly nuway dale kanila resibo na Tugbungan, y dos jente ya ase ghost employee alyi na Tugbungan, ta trabaha na city accounting office then empleyado tamen na Tugbungan at the same time receiving P5,000 a month,” he added.
The complaint of Bautista came when last December 2011, the Barangay declared a P5,000 Christmas bonus for the barangay captain, kagawads, treasurer, secretary, barangay tanods, barangay health workers, Day Care workers and Pangkat numbering 42 recipients.
The group came and reported that they only received P1,300 instead of P5,000.
Elago said: “First time di-ila ya mira el maga cheke, first time di-ila mira el payroll na P5,000 gale sila debe resibi. So ta questiona sila ahora porque se? Onde se ya anda el sen? Porque kanila nohay dale?”
When the group went to the accounting, they discovered the checks bearing their signatures were already forged.
Elago further said that “No pwede quita man trace si quien ese ya ase pero officially na maga papel el quien maga pirma ya sale de kapitan pati el barangay treasurer that is why kanila quita ta planta caso.”
He expressed optimism that the case is strong against Graciano and Jubaira. “El documentary evidence is enough to pin them down. Maskin hindi man testify enough to pin down kasi chene le documentary evidence.”
By R.G. Antonet Go
- 03/08/2012 14:24 - Brgy. chairman, 3 others arrested for illegal guns in Zambo del Sur
- 03/08/2012 14:23 - City gov't, PSC support Diaz in London 2012 Olympics
- 03/08/2012 14:22 - DA conducts training on promotion of corn
- 03/08/2012 14:20 - Deles named PH role model for peace by int'l award body
- 03/08/2012 14:17 - Vision of shared governance high in Rep. Erbie’s priority
- 03/08/2012 14:13 - LTO will enforce use of full-faced motorist helmets next year
- 03/08/2012 14:12 - Man arrested for burning own home in Patalon
- 03/08/2012 14:11 - Mejia looks for ways to stop gun shootings
- 03/08/2012 14:10 - Zamcelco bares candidates' name for Aug. 5 special elections
- 02/08/2012 15:38 - Mejia replaces Yanga as OIC City police chief