Friday, 03 August 2012 14:12
Policeman of Labuan Police Station arrested a man for setting on fire his own house at Sitio Agrarian, Barangay Patalon, this city, the other day.
A police report disclosed a complainant and houseowner identified as Angelita Susulan y Degamo, 40, married, complained to the police that their house was intentionally burned by her common-law-husband, Henry Susulan, of legal age.
The complainant said that his husband arrived their home at about 8:00 o’clock Wednesday night and allegedly under the influence of liquor.
According to police report, Susulan while inside his house without any apparent reason burned his residence, which was made of light materials.
The victim failed to save any personal belongings including the documents of their land title and identification cards. No injury was reported in the incident.
Authorities estimated the damage to property at P50,000. They conducted follow-up operation which resulted in the arrest of the suspect.
The suspect is presently detained at the Labuan police station pending the filing of an arson case in court.
By Eugene A. Lasprilla
- 03/08/2012 14:22 - DA conducts training on promotion of corn
- 03/08/2012 14:20 - Deles named PH role model for peace by int'l award body
- 03/08/2012 14:17 - Vision of shared governance high in Rep. Erbie’s priority
- 03/08/2012 14:14 - Graft case to be filed against Tugbungan chair, treasurer
- 03/08/2012 14:13 - LTO will enforce use of full-faced motorist helmets next year
- 03/08/2012 14:11 - Mejia looks for ways to stop gun shootings
- 03/08/2012 14:10 - Zamcelco bares candidates' name for Aug. 5 special elections
- 02/08/2012 15:38 - Mejia replaces Yanga as OIC City police chief
- 02/08/2012 15:36 - Agan wishes Fabian well
- 02/08/2012 15:33 - Another shooting: 1 killed in Barangay Mercedes