Wednesday, 01 August 2012 11:37
“I prayed to the Almighty to lead and guide me where he wants to go, and in answer to my quest, let it be known to all and sundry I am running for mayor.”
Thus, the official announcement yesterday of District 2 Congressman Erbie Fabian about his plan to gun for the mayoralty post in the coming elections which was attended by thousands of supporters from different barangays at the multipurpose hall in barangay Culianan.
A mass officiated by Culianan parish priest Rev. Fr. Albert Orillo preceded before the congressman made the official statements and witnessed by wife Dingay, congressional staff and various sectors from the different barangays who threw their support to Fabian.
On the other hand, Fr. Orillo said July 31st is the feast day of St. Ignatius de Loyola, “he was a soldier and has changed the lives of people through the words of God. If you do good many people will support you. The Almighty father will always guide, give good health to those who believes in him and will answer your dreams and aspirations.”
As promised, Fabian pledged that if elected mayor of Zamboanga he will perform ten-point agenda which he considers the most fundamental obligations and responsibilities to the people during his term in office the following:
1) Oppose the inclusion of Zamboanga City in the Autonomous Region for Muslim Mindanao , The Bangsamoro Juridical Entity or any similar political unit.
2) Make the city safe and secure, restore peace and order, fight lawless elements and suppress criminality in all forms and will strictly implement the gun ban.
3) Ensure the delivery of basic government services and to personally lead a campaign to clean the city, restore its natural beauty and make Zamboanga as the City of Flowers once again.
4) No imposition of new taxes or raise existing tax rates, will introduce tax incentives for businesses operating outside the central commercial district.
5) Protect the environment particularly the Pasonanca watershed, to secure our potable water supply and prevent catastrophic floodingin the city.
6) To lead the public-private sector efforts to make the city power-sufficient and blackout free and will support power suppliers complaint with environmental laws.
7) Decentralize and spread economic development towards this end and will initiate the relocation of City Hall to a new government center.
8) Establish a business climate highly conducive to the entry of capital investments particularly those which are labor intensive, personally welcome and encourage call centers and national mall developers to operate in the city.
9) Cut Red Tape at City Hall and remove non-essential requirements in securing government approvals part5icularly business permits and make city hall a real business center.
10) And above all will be non-partisan leader, respect the independence of the city council and work closely with barangay leaders in community building and be a Mayor for all the people of Zamboanga.
Fabian said he is now on his last term as congressman of Distriict 2 and has nowhere to go except to run for mayor.
The congressman also said in due time he will name his running mate including the councilors under his party.
By Nonong Santiago
- 02/08/2012 15:13 - Suspect in DENR expert murder released
- 02/08/2012 15:13 - Videoke customer stabbed in Boalan
- 01/08/2012 11:48 - Jalosjos supports Fabian: ‘Let the people decide’
- 01/08/2012 11:47 - CHO set to launch 'Biyeheng Kulambo'
- 01/08/2012 11:46 - Estilles lauds Comelec's gun ban implementation in ARMM
- 01/08/2012 11:31 - Another man shot in Camino Nuevo
- 01/08/2012 11:30 - OCD holds training course on ICS
- 01/08/2012 11:29 - WMSU Grads Top Forestry, ND Board Exams
- 01/08/2012 11:26 - Zamcelco workers in dilemma over Castro's return as Coop manager
- 31/07/2012 12:08 - Erbie for Mayor in 2013