Wednesday, 01 August 2012 11:26
Employees of the Zamboanga City Electric Cooperative are now in a quandary as to who they will support and obey since members of the board of directors and the management headed by Project Supervisor Engr. Jesus Castro are now colliding for supremacy.
Earlier, Castro applied for a two-month vacation as he was to undergo a heart bypass in Manila, the reason he appointed Charito Mabitazan as Officer in-charge to run the coop in his absence.
It was during his absence when the board led by president Elbert Atilano approved a resolution requesting the National Electrification Administration (NEA) to recall Castro’s appointment due to alleged irregularities particularly the electrification program of the coop in the far flung sitios of the city.
Yesterday, Castro assumed his post as general manager of the coop to the surprise of the employees. He even called for a meeting where the employees have no other recourse but to heed.
Atilano is now in Manila consulting NEA on the assumption of Castro. He appointed Ernesto Perez as OIC president in his place.
Perez stressed Castro cannot assume the position since he has no clearance by NEA to return and manage the coop.
Castro, on the other hand, said it is a wrong interpretation by the board and the alleged irregularities he committed are all hearsays.
He said his position as manager of the cooperative has not been recalled by NEA and that when he applied for a two month leave it did not mean that he was already out.
“Nag apply ako ng vacation leave for two months. Tapos na ang two-month leave ko so nandito na ako. It was me who appointed Mabitazan as OIC now that I am back I am taking over Mabitazan,” Castro said.
Perez said they will have to seek legal advise and also from NEA, the reason why Atilano is now in Manila to confront NEA officials with regards to this. “If the NEA will say Castro is out then he continues to stay there we will have to throw him out from his office.”
Castro disclosed when he appointed Mabitazan as OIC it is pure ministerial function and not necessarily to get his place.
The PS said “there is no need for a return order from NEA because I was out on a vacation and now I am back, Mabitazan is out.”
By Nonong Santiago
- 01/08/2012 11:46 - Estilles lauds Comelec's gun ban implementation in ARMM
- 01/08/2012 11:37 - Fabian announces Mayoral bid in May 2013 elections
- 01/08/2012 11:31 - Another man shot in Camino Nuevo
- 01/08/2012 11:30 - OCD holds training course on ICS
- 01/08/2012 11:29 - WMSU Grads Top Forestry, ND Board Exams
- 31/07/2012 12:08 - Erbie for Mayor in 2013
- 31/07/2012 12:07 - Asec. Torres denies report Abaton replacement as LTO-9 chief
- 31/07/2012 12:05 - Cop dies, 6 hurt in 2 road mishaps
- 31/07/2012 12:04 - Fabian announces Mayoral bid today in Brgy. Culianan
- 31/07/2012 12:03 - Hataman convenes today RPOC meeting over Basilan hostilies