Tuesday, 31 July 2012 12:08
10-Point Agenda Set
City 2nd District Rep. Erbie A. Fabian is set to formalize his bid for the mayoralty post in next year’s mid-term election in a grand gathering to be held in the Culianan Barangay complex grounds.
Fabian, on his last term as city representative makes good on his word that he will gun for the city’s top position citing a need for a new direction and a renewed campaign to move the city forward in the years to come.
The short program will be preceded by a holy mass to be officiated by Fr. And will be followed by a short program where the solon from Mercedes is expected to announce his plans for 2013.
People from all over the city have been invited to the gathering which will also witness the distribution of Philhealth ID cards to barangay officials, tanods, health workers and indigents, and hand over uniforms for barangay tanods of the city as promised earlier.
The City east coast solon is also set to bare a 10-point agenda which will anchor his candidacy for the post he once held briefly following the untimely demise of former city congresswoman and Mayor Maria Clara Lobregat.
Fabian explained his agenda will be simple, doable and achievable hinting it will address the city’s immediate needs.
The solon, said he looks forward to a spirited fight with political heavyweights in the city and the region.
Touted to rival Rep. Fabian are deputy house Speaker and 1st District solon Beng Climaco-Salazar, the standard bearer of last term mayor Celso Lobregat and former Zamboanga del Norte solon, Romeo ‘Nonong’ Jalosjos, for the mayoralty post.
"I have served the city faithfully for more than 21 years in various capacities and I feel the people wants me to continue serving their interest as mayor so I’m not about to let them down by turning my back on the public clamor to continue serving."
This was Fabian’s rejoinder, on why he decided to run following a fruitful 9 years service in the halls of congress.
"I have made my consultations with the people, and this is what I have decided on, I will gun for the mayoralty post in 2013. To my esteemed opponents, good luck to us all and may we conduct a clean, honest and peaceful campaign next year, may the best candidate win and God bless us all."
Fabian is the city chairman of the Nacionalista Party headed by Senator Manny Villar.
The NP is reportedly in an active coalition with the ruling Liberal Party and the Nationalist Peoples Coalition of former Ambassador and business tycoon Eduardo ‘Danding’ Cojuangco.
By Ed Baños
- 01/08/2012 11:37 - Fabian announces Mayoral bid in May 2013 elections
- 01/08/2012 11:31 - Another man shot in Camino Nuevo
- 01/08/2012 11:30 - OCD holds training course on ICS
- 01/08/2012 11:29 - WMSU Grads Top Forestry, ND Board Exams
- 01/08/2012 11:26 - Zamcelco workers in dilemma over Castro's return as Coop manager
- 31/07/2012 12:07 - Asec. Torres denies report Abaton replacement as LTO-9 chief
- 31/07/2012 12:05 - Cop dies, 6 hurt in 2 road mishaps
- 31/07/2012 12:04 - Fabian announces Mayoral bid today in Brgy. Culianan
- 31/07/2012 12:03 - Hataman convenes today RPOC meeting over Basilan hostilies
- 31/07/2012 11:49 - Lobregat turns over P4M Barangay hall in Sinubong