Thursday, 26 July 2012 14:26
Land Transportation Office-9 (LTO-9) Regional Director Atty. Aminola Abaton has rejected a report in a local daily here that he was replaced by Retired Brigadier General Abdulnasser Kasim.
In a press conference with local reporters at his office, Abaton explained that per validation with their office in Manila, the reported appointment of Kasim as LTO-9 regional director has no basis.
"I am surprise over the report as there was no notice from LTO Manila that I will be relieved and replaced by Kasim," he said.
Normally, the concurrent LTO-9 chief said if there is any new appointment, the presidents signs the appointment then the order goes to the Department of Transportation and Communications (DOTC) then to the LTO Manila then to the regional office with a note that he or she will be replaced.
But in this case, Abaton did not receive any memorandum that he will be relieved.
"This has cause anxiety and alarm especially on our employees in Ipil, Pagadian, Dipolog and Zamboanga City,” Abaton emphasized.
Abaton said in his stint as LTO regional head for the past nine years, the office is serving the motorists, drivers and other stakeholders with quality service and utmost transparency.
According to Abaton, he has already issued a memorandum to all the LTO field offices in the region to continue its operations and services under his helm.
“If that report is true I will accept and take it in stride. Anyway I am not going to stay here forever,” Abaton pointed out.
In the news article, it stated that President Noynoy Aquino has already signed the appointment of Kasim through the DOTC under Sec. Mar Roxas.
Kasim, 58, is a retired military officer who retired in 2004 and was born in Tongkil now Municipality of Banguingui and is residing in Zamboanga City.
The report said Kasim is scheduled to take over the LTO regional office in Pagadian City on July 31, 2012.
By Nonong Santiago
- 27/07/2012 11:27 - UAP Zambo set to induct new officers tonight
- 27/07/2012 11:18 - Zampen economic growth increase to 0.1% for 2011
- 26/07/2012 14:33 - Two riding-in-tandem gunmen strafe AFPSLAI manager's car
- 26/07/2012 14:32 - 6 rescuers of deep well worker get award
- 26/07/2012 14:31 - A better Pag-IBIG! Faster Service. Happier Members.
- 26/07/2012 14:24 - Beng welcomes Sec. Coloma to Zambo
- 26/07/2012 14:23 - Biel against privatization of ZCWD, ZCMC
- 26/07/2012 14:18 - City Jail to register 100 inmates on Aug. 6 for May 2013 polls
- 26/07/2012 14:17 - Looter caught by CCTV camera charged
- 26/07/2012 14:14 - Pres. Aquino lauds Hataman efforts of reforming ARMM