Thursday, 26 July 2012 14:08
The City Council has approved a resolution authored by Councilor Gerky Valesco that proposes to put up one medical doctor per district barangay.
During their regular session, Valesco cited the efforts of the local administration and the unwavering sincerity of the City Health Office (CHO) in the advancement of the of the city’s health programs with the end view of helping the people especially the poor in the different barangays.
The councilor stressed that assigning one physician per district barangay will strengthen the mission and mandate in the delivery of basic health services to the people in remote areas.
Valesco asked that the approved resolution to be referred to Councilor Lilia Nuño to work with Mayor Celso Lobregat, CHO Dr. Rodel Agbulos and other related entities to study and consider the proposal.
The alderman from Sta. Maria said the people of all the district barangays will surely benefit from the said program.
By Nonong Santiago
- 26/07/2012 14:24 - Beng welcomes Sec. Coloma to Zambo
- 26/07/2012 14:23 - Biel against privatization of ZCWD, ZCMC
- 26/07/2012 14:18 - City Jail to register 100 inmates on Aug. 6 for May 2013 polls
- 26/07/2012 14:17 - Looter caught by CCTV camera charged
- 26/07/2012 14:14 - Pres. Aquino lauds Hataman efforts of reforming ARMM
- 26/07/2012 13:59 - ZamPen registered highest in increase of dengue cases
- 25/07/2012 13:18 - Court issues injunction against Mayor Lobregat, City's BAC
- 25/07/2012 13:16 - Agan welcomes voter registration case against ex-Rep. Jalosjos
- 25/07/2012 13:16 - AZCRA holds induction of new set officers
- 25/07/2012 13:15 - Boat chief mechanic stabbed by co-worker