Wednesday, 25 July 2012 13:15
A chief mechanic of a ferry boat was stabbed and wounded by his co-worker while aboard the vessel at Varadero Compound in Barangay Recodo, in the city's west coast, last weekend.
The victim was identified as Vicente Tubil y Coronel, 42, married, the chief mechanic of M/L Pentagon and a resident of Barangay Mercedes, this city.
He sustained two stab wounds in the left side of the body and rushed to the Zamboanga City Medical Center (ZCMC) for medical treatment.
Police identified the suspect as Roberto Alibangsa, 21, single, a native of Gutalac Municipality, Zamboanga del Norte.
A report submitted by Alvarez showed that prior to the incident, the suspect was under the influence of liquor and engaged in a heated argument with the victim, then the former suddenly stabbed the left side part of the latter's body.
Investigators said the victim managed to escape from his oppressor and proceeded to the police station to report the incident and seek assistance.
Immediately, the personnel of Ayala Police Station led by Sr. Inspector Edilberto Alvarez responded to the crime scene and arrested the suspect.
The suspect Alibangsa was temporarily detained at the police station. A frustrated murder case is being readied against him by police in a local court.
By Eugene A. Lasprilla
- 26/07/2012 14:08 - Valesco bats for 1 doctor every district barangay
- 26/07/2012 13:59 - ZamPen registered highest in increase of dengue cases
- 25/07/2012 13:18 - Court issues injunction against Mayor Lobregat, City's BAC
- 25/07/2012 13:16 - Agan welcomes voter registration case against ex-Rep. Jalosjos
- 25/07/2012 13:16 - AZCRA holds induction of new set officers
- 25/07/2012 13:14 - Cabato chooses a mayoral bet willing, open to share power
- 25/07/2012 13:10 - CMZ inaugurates OPD pharmacy By: R.G. Antonet Go
- 25/07/2012 13:06 - Malacañang appoints Kasim as LTO-9 regional director
- 25/07/2012 13:03 - PRC to recognize blood donors and supporters
- 25/07/2012 13:02 - Security guard arrested for violation of gun ban