Wednesday, 25 July 2012 13:03
The Philippine Red Cross (PRC) Zamboanga City Chapter is set to recognize and award its blood donors and supporters in this forthcoming July 31, 2012 in a ceremony to be held at the PRC Social Hall.
PRC Zamboanga City Chapter Administrator Victor Liozo Jr. said the activity will give recognition to all blood donors, sponsors, and PRC supporters.
According to him, the office is set to award the Bloodiest Sectors, Certificates, Gold, Silver, and Bronze Medals, Champions on Blood Services, and Special Citations.
The awardees for the Gold Medals are Fr. William D. Quiamjot and Dante De Leon both voluntarily donated 25,000ml. of blood, for Silver Medals Benjamin S. Carpioi Jr., Ambrocio G. Valerio, and Bobby T. Alcos, who donated at least 18,000ml. of blood, and for Bronze Medals Ramon B. Siyluy, Jr., Ramon C. Ojeda, and Carlo Mario P. Jacobe who donated at least 12,000ml. of blood.
Champion on Blood Service will also be given to Hon. Maria Isabelle Climaco-Salazar, Hon. Erico Basilio A. Fabian, Schools Division Superintendent Pedro Melchor M. Natividad, Hon. Martin Waldo M. Atilano, and Hon. Teodyver Arquiza.
Special citation plaque will also be given to Zamboanga Today Social Editor Mila A. Arieta, RMN Station Manager Joel T. Sanson, ABS CBN’s Jewel M. Reyes and Queenie B. Casimiro, Daily Zamboanga Times Senior Reporter Jimmy Villaflores, JSOTF-Phil, Dr. Crispin DL. Dalisay Jr., Pastor Bonus Seminary, Ramon Quin, and Daily Zamboanga Times Social Editor Dante Corteza.
Several blood galloners who donated 4,000 ml. of blood will also be awarded and certificate of appreciation will also be given to several agencies and offices.
The activity is in line with the Blood Donors Month which is being celebrated from July 1 to July 31.
The blood donors month is being celebrated by virtue of Presidential Proclamation 1021 dated June 09, 1997 and the implementing Rules and Regulation of the National Blood Service Act of 1994.
The theme for this year’s Blood Donors Month celebration is “Every Blood Donor is a Hero”.
The objective of the celebration is to increase awareness about the benefits of voluntary blood donation and to strengthen partnership among implementing agencies.
By R.G. A A. Go
- 25/07/2012 13:16 - AZCRA holds induction of new set officers
- 25/07/2012 13:15 - Boat chief mechanic stabbed by co-worker
- 25/07/2012 13:14 - Cabato chooses a mayoral bet willing, open to share power
- 25/07/2012 13:10 - CMZ inaugurates OPD pharmacy By: R.G. Antonet Go
- 25/07/2012 13:06 - Malacañang appoints Kasim as LTO-9 regional director
- 25/07/2012 13:02 - Security guard arrested for violation of gun ban
- 25/07/2012 11:47 - Sun Cellular Prepaid Launches Sun Text Unlimited 300
- 24/07/2012 13:27 - Bizmen to support mayoral candidate who makes Zamboanga a safe place
- 24/07/2012 13:26 - 1.56M signed up in 10-day ARMM voters’ registration
- 24/07/2012 13:25 - DOLE inks MOA on road safety