Wednesday, 25 July 2012 13:02
A fishing boat security guard was arrested for violation of the Commission on Election (COMELEC) gun ban by security forces manning a police checkpoint along MCLL Highway in Barangay Culianan at dawn Monday.
Held was Renante Bolante y De Andres, 37, married, a security guard of F/B Marlyn M1, whose licensed firearm Smith and Wesson Caliber .45 Pistol with serial number DSW6090 and a magazine loaded with 8 live ammunitions was confiscated from his possession.
The arrested security guard was clad in military uniform when arrested, according to the police report.
Prior to his arrest, Bolante was aboard a color red XRM motorcycle with plate number 8872 JP driven by Gary Estrada y Tadle, 19, single, of Barangay Sangali, this city, together with Raymon Dabasol y Espiñosa, 27, single, of Barangay Tulungatung, this city, who passed by the Culianan highway at 3:10 a.m Monday.
The police manning the checkpoint stopped him and asked to show documents to prove that he’s a member of the Philippine Army (PA) but only to find out that he is a fishing boat security and just wearing a military uniform.
Policeman ordered Bolante to remove the upper military uniform as he is not authorized to wear it and discovered the said handgun tucked in his waistline.
Bolante presented his firearm licensed and permit to carry outside residence (PTCFOR) with his security guard license but failed to show the COMELEC gun ban exemption to the police officers.
The suspects and his companion were brought to Culianan Police Station for investigation, however, Dabasol and Estrada were released later from police custody.
An appropriate case was forwarded by the local police to the City Fiscal’s Office against Bolante.
By Eugene A. Lasprilla
- 25/07/2012 13:15 - Boat chief mechanic stabbed by co-worker
- 25/07/2012 13:14 - Cabato chooses a mayoral bet willing, open to share power
- 25/07/2012 13:10 - CMZ inaugurates OPD pharmacy By: R.G. Antonet Go
- 25/07/2012 13:06 - Malacañang appoints Kasim as LTO-9 regional director
- 25/07/2012 13:03 - PRC to recognize blood donors and supporters
- 25/07/2012 11:47 - Sun Cellular Prepaid Launches Sun Text Unlimited 300
- 24/07/2012 13:27 - Bizmen to support mayoral candidate who makes Zamboanga a safe place
- 24/07/2012 13:26 - 1.56M signed up in 10-day ARMM voters’ registration
- 24/07/2012 13:25 - DOLE inks MOA on road safety
- 24/07/2012 13:23 - Fabian bills move up in the Senate