Tuesday, 24 July 2012 12:09
A 12-year-old boy was hit by a stray bullet while inside their residence at Toribio Drive, Barangay Pasonanca, this city, last week.
The bullet hit the chest of the boy, identified as Dennis Pena y Arcillas, a student and a resident of the said barangay.
Police said the wounded boy was brought to a nearest hospital for medical treatment and he was later discharged after medication.
The victim was watching television inside the room of his sister when a bullet struck from the roof of their house hit his body part.
A slug believed to be from a 9mm caliber pistol was recovered from the scene. It was turned over to the police investigator.
The victim’s father, Danilo Pena y Arcillas, 46, married, accompanied his son to report the incident at Sta. Maria Police Station at 9:30 p.m. of Saturday.
The case is still under investigation.
By Eugene A. Lasprilla
- 24/07/2012 13:14 - Internet café robbed in Brgy. San Roque
- 24/07/2012 12:51 - Nuño opposes Water District privatization
- 24/07/2012 12:24 - Perez takes over as Zambo Sibugay prov’l police chief
- 24/07/2012 12:23 - Pro-RH now? Aquino tells PH: Practice responsible parenthood
- 24/07/2012 12:20 - SCC celebrates centennial birthday of its founder today
- 23/07/2012 13:13 - Biggest labor union in Zambo supports Senator Angara’s privatization move
- 23/07/2012 13:12 - Beng’s grandstand at ZSCMST underway
- 23/07/2012 13:06 - BSP says new generation series currencies now being counterfeited
- 23/07/2012 13:03 - DOT IX launches ‘Vinta’ sailing at Paseo del Mar
- 23/07/2012 12:54 - Drunk man shot, hurt by buddy in Culianan