Saturday, 21 July 2012 11:13
A construction worker was shot to death by unidentified motorcycle riding in tandem unidentified men at the vicinity of Purok 5 in Barangay Ayala, this city, Thursday night.
The latest shooting incident brings to more than 100 gunshot victims in the city since January 1, 2012.
Ayala Police Station commander Sr. Inspector Edilberto Alvarez identified the victim as Michael Usman y Ismael, 39, and a resident of Barangay San Roque, this city.
The victim was rushed to Zamboanga Brent Hospital but attending physicians pronounced him dead while undergoing medical treatment due to the multiple gunshot wounds in the different parts of the body.
Alvarez, in an interview with Zamboanga Today, said the police are looking into personal grudge as possible motive of the killing. He added other angles are still being looked into.
Initial investigation by policemen of Ayala Police Station showed that the victim was a construction worker who came from work and was waiting for somebody in the said place when the suspects aboard a black Honda motorcycle with plate number 7714 appeared and without provocation shot the victim repeatedly.
Alvarez said that there is no witnesses who can identify the suspects because the area was dark, aside from the handkerchief covering their faces while wearing helmets.
The body of the victim was claimed by his family for proper burial.
Ayala police investigators are still coordinating with the victim’s co-workers to gather more information to solve the case.
By Eugene A. Lasprilla
- 23/07/2012 12:45 - Forgers counterfeit new series peso bills - BSP
- 23/07/2012 12:39 - Husband beats wife to death in Sibulao
- 23/07/2012 12:35 - Jalosjos: ‘Even if they will all bolt out I will still run for mayor’
- 21/07/2012 11:20 - 4 City Gov't-purchased JAC pick-up vehicles grounded for repair?
- 21/07/2012 11:15 - 1st Madaris directors meet held in Basilan
- 21/07/2012 11:10 - GPH, MILF end peace talks successfully in Kuala Lumpur
- 21/07/2012 11:00 - Guingona: 'City business firms adhere to senior citizens 20% discount'
- 21/07/2012 10:59 - Man held for violating gun ban
- 21/07/2012 10:59 - Budget for SPES increases to P19m
- 21/07/2012 10:55 - ZCMC on alert against EV71