Friday, 20 July 2012 16:31
The director of Directorate for Integrated Police Operations-Western Mindanao (DIPO-WM) Police Director Manuel Barcena, MNSA paid a courtesy call to the members of the City Council during their regular session Wednesday.
Barcena’s visit to the local legislative body here was his first appearance as two-star rank general prior to his last visit when he was appointed as director for DIPO-WM.
In a speech, Barcena said his high respect to the city council members have always keep him attach to Zamboanga City.
The DIPO-WM director lauded the councilors for the warm welcome they extended to him. "Thank you very much for taking your time to welcome me whenever I visit here during sessions."
Councilor Gerky Valesco introduced Barcena to the august body with Councilor Jimmy Cabato, as Officer In-Charge (OIC) presiding officer, during the session.
Valesco reiterated that Barcena, in humility, he never forget to visit the city council to show respect to the council.
Barcena gave some hints to the local officials regarding the present situation of the region, especially Zamboanga City.
“I often do my office here in Zamboanga, rather in my satellite offices in Cotabato and Lanao because I love the place since I assumed as city police director,” Barcena said.
By Eugene A. Lasprilla
- 21/07/2012 11:00 - Guingona: 'City business firms adhere to senior citizens 20% discount'
- 21/07/2012 10:59 - Man held for violating gun ban
- 21/07/2012 10:59 - Budget for SPES increases to P19m
- 21/07/2012 10:55 - ZCMC on alert against EV71
- 20/07/2012 16:35 - Ex-soldier, fish vendor killed in separate shooting incidents
- 20/07/2012 16:30 - DSWD conducts CSO evaluation, workshop in Ipil, Zambo Sibugay
- 20/07/2012 16:28 - Elago calls on LTO to look into plate stickers stealing
- 20/07/2012 16:20 - Fabian wants peace and order solve, patterned from Davao
- 20/07/2012 16:19 - ICAS wins Bong Atilano’s basketball tourney
- 20/07/2012 16:17 - GPH-MILF's 29th peace talks end in Malaysia